Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Close to buying a house.

Close to buying a house.

Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Close to buying a house.

We've made offers on two houses this week.

The first is a 4 bedroom(two of the br not that big) + study in Skye it's immaculate and like a show home and two years old. it was up for $325k we bid $290 and we've been told we can have it for $300.

We then bid yesterday for a bigger house which is five years old has five double bedrooms all with built in robes apart from the en-suite of course.

It could do with a good clean and a lick of paint but is potentialy better, we've also bid $290 for that and we're awaiting their reply, either way we hope to be in one in not much more than thirty days then I'll be out of this communication wilderness and I wont be desp[eratley searching for a pub that's showing the hammers Saturday night.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Close to buying a house.

Originally Posted by fraser

The first is a 4 bedroom(two of the br not that big) + study in Skye it's immaculate and like a show home and two years old. it was up for $325k we bid $290 and we've been told we can have it for $300.

We then bid yesterday for a bigger house which is five years old has five double bedrooms all with built in robes apart from the en-suite of course.

It could do with a good clean and a lick of paint but is potentialy better, we've also bid $290 for that and we're awaiting their reply, either way we hope to be in one in not much more than thirty days then I'll be out of this communication wilderness and I wont be desp[eratley searching for a pub that's showing the hammers Saturday night.

Good job, Fraser!!!

Was the second house in Skye too?

Hels
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Good job, Fraser!!!

Was the second house in Skye too?

Hels
Hello Hels the second one isn't far from the first but in Carrum downs, the first is stunning but the second has the five big bedrooms which is always handy, but needs a new kitchen and the paving has been bodged at the back.

But I think the five bedroom is the way to go, if they come up at the same price I may end up tossing a coin

We tried to phone you back Sunday we were going to come but Cas's battery must have gone and we didn't bother as we didn't know where in the Crown you'd be, thanks for phonijng anyway
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good Fraser. Skye is becoming a popular area and should be great when they have finished the freeway and Golf Estate.

Where is the second house?

Have you had a look at schools?

Bet you can't wait to have a bit of space to move around in.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Sounds good Fraser. Skye is becoming a popular area and should be great when they have finished the freeway and Golf Estate.

I was beaten to it

All these area's are really going to boom when the freeway is open. The beach there is awesome. Beginging to wish that we had moved there
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:36 am

It's in Carrum Downs which is basically the other side of the road and nearer to the school.

We had a drive down to sorrento yesterday, stunning down there.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:40 am

I was beaten to it
As was I
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

It's in Carrum Downs which is basically the other side of the road and nearer to the school.

We had a drive down to sorrento yesterday, stunning down there.
I think that it's this that keeps the East of Melbourne popular. Have you been to Wilsons prom or the 90 Mile beach? You will be blown away!
Down in Sorrento you can go dolphin watching. It's fantastic but watch out it get nippy on the water!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:47 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

This makes for quite interesting reading as you can't get much for less than $400k where we are. Are the area's you're discussing nice and how far from the coast are they?

Ta,

Paul.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by diddy
This makes for quite interesting reading as you can't get much for less than $400k where we are. Are the area's you're discussing nice and how far from the coast are they?

Ta,

Paul.
The areas are Ok and about 5k from the coast, a twenty minute drive takes you to the Mornington Penisula with it's vinyards, bay and ocean beaches.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:52 am

I think that it's this that keeps the East of Melbourne popular. Have you been to Wilsons prom or the 90 Mile beach? You will be blown away!
Down in Sorrento you can go dolphin watching. It's fantastic but watch out it get nippy on the water!
Not yet, but will do at sometime
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Not yet, but will do at sometime
Youve got me thinking camping
May just go off to Anaconda get a few easy esemble tents and nip off for a few days durring the holidays!

How cold is it in the mornings down there Frazer??

Wilsons prom here we come....... ohh was much destroyed in the bush fire last year?
Old Sep 16th 2005, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Youve got me thinking camping
May just go off to Anaconda get a few easy esemble tents and nip off for a few days durring the holidays!

How cold is it in the mornings down there Frazer??

Wilsons prom here we come....... ohh was much destroyed in the bush fire last year?

We are heading out to Gippsland for the weekend of the 14/10 - 17/10. If you do get some camping equipment and wanna join us you would be more than welcome. So far we have 3 car loads going so it should be fun!! We are going to do a bit of 4x4ing and stuff.

Fraser, sounds like you might be doing the right thing with the bigger house. Yes, it probably needs work but then you would want to do stuff to any house you buy to make it your own so you might as well buy a bigger place for cheaper, do it up and make the money on it. Dont really know the part of Melbourne you will be in very well, but I am sure its lovely.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!!

As far as Sunday goes its a shame about Cas's phone. But if you like, I can PM you my number and if you guys want to come up and check out Bendigo anytime you would be welcome

Hels
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hels
We are heading out to Gippsland for the weekend of the 14/10 - 17/10. If you do get some camping equipment and wanna join us you would be more than welcome. So far we have 3 car loads going so it should be fun!! We are going to do a bit of 4x4ing and stuff.

Fraser, sounds like you might be doing the right thing with the bigger house. Yes, it probably needs work but then you would want to do stuff to any house you buy to make it your own so you might as well buy a bigger place for cheaper, do it up and make the money on it. Dont really know the part of Melbourne you will be in very well, but I am sure its lovely.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!!

As far as Sunday goes its a shame about Cas's phone. But if you like, I can PM you my number and if you guys want to come up and check out Bendigo anytime you would be welcome

Hels
Thanks for the invote Hels but we are away at the Goldcoast then.

I hope that you have a great time.
Maybe we can arrange some expats camping in the near future. Lets freak out the new arrivals with camp fire tales of large spiders in your sleeping bag and ourselves to
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:43 am
Account Closed

Thanks for the invote Hels but we are away at the Goldcoast then.

I hope that you have a great time.
Maybe we can arrange some expats camping in the near future. Lets freak out the new arrivals with camp fire tales of large spiders in your sleeping bag and ourselves to

HAHAHA!! Thats not a bad idea!!

Perhaps we could arrange something over the Summer School holidays?

We are always up for a camping trip!! Just love to get out there and find as many snakes and spidies as possible!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.