Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clever Little Dickies

Clever Little Dickies

Old Aug 26th 2005, 5:38 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Clever Little Dickies

"Men are more intelligent than women by about five IQ points on average, making them better suited for tasks of high complexity, according to the authors of a paper due to be published in the British Journal of Psychology."

Men 'smarter' than women
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:29 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clever Little Dickies

Originally Posted by Megalania
"Men are more intelligent than women by about five IQ points on average, making them better suited for tasks of high complexity, according to the authors of a paper due to be published in the British Journal of Psychology."

Men 'smarter' than women

Years ago an old boss of mine pointed out a medical fact.

Women have 2 parts of the brain for conversing, men have 1.

When you see 4 women talking, they can all be talking about different things, and each keep 2 convos going TRUE !!!!

Now !!!

Pluck any man out and throw him into this evil circle of Oralness !!!!

Ask him to when hes ready to join in the conversation... result hes PHUKED !!!

No man can match a woman in this department !!!

<< oh and im a man !!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:54 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Years ago an old boss of mine pointed out a medical fact.

Women have 2 parts of the brain for conversing, men have 1.

When you see 4 women talking, they can all be talking about different things, and each keep 2 convos going TRUE !!!!

Now !!!

Pluck any man out and throw him into this evil circle of Oralness !!!!

Ask him to when hes ready to join in the conversation... result hes PHUKED !!!

No man can match a woman in this department !!!

<< oh and im a man !!
I can listen to the wife yakking away, AND watch TV at the same time.

(well no I can't actually but I tell her I can )

That story about the oldest married couple, they'd been married for 80 years, they asked the guy what was the secret to a successful marriage, he said just say 'yes dear' alot. Thats what I do when I'm watching TV

Last edited by A dogs life; Aug 26th 2005 at 6:56 am.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Men and women are different
Some men have noticed.
Quick, publish a paper.

Define intelligence please.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The stronger sex is the weaker sex because of the weakness of the stronger sex for the weaker sex
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:40 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Men 'smarter' than women
Yeah, riiigghhttt! And let me guess the sex of the person who wrote the article???

Only a bloke would consider drinking beer, watching tv, farting and belching to be 'tasks of high complexity'!

Nicky
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Yeah, riiigghhttt! And let me guess the sex of the person who wrote the article???

Only a bloke would consider drinking beer, watching tv, farting and belching to be 'tasks of high complexity'!

Nicky

You left out our ability to make the odd comment to the wife to make them assume we are actually listening to them
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:00 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Sex differences in general knowledge, semantic memory and reasoning ability

Authors: Lynn R(ichard); Irwing P(aul)

Source: British Journal of Psychology, Volume 93, Number 4, November 2002, pp. 545-556(12)

Publisher: British Psychological Society

Abstract:

This paper has the three objectives of attempting to replicate a previous study in which it was found that males have substantially greater general knowledge in most fields or domains than females, and of determining how far sex differences in general knowledge are a function of differences in either Gf (fluid intelligence), or experience. The results confirmed the previous study to the effect that males have higher means in a general knowledge factor of approximately .50 d (half a standard deviation). It was found further that there was no significant sex difference in Gf measured by Baddeley's Grammatical Reasoning Test, and only a low correlation between general knowledge and Gf. Analysis of covariance showed that differential experience as indicated by 'A'-level points and socio-economic status had only a marginal impact on the observed sex difference. The results are interpreted as showing that sex differences in general knowledge cannot be explained as a function of differences in either Gf or experience. It is proposed further that general knowledge should be regarded as a new second-order factor and designated as semantic memory.

Refutation anyone?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:02 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Clever Little Dickies

Men 'smarter' than women
And with all of that, we still can't prove it to women...
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

"[I]Men are more intelligent than women by about five IQ points on average, making them better suited for tasks of high complexity
If so, why do men complain that they'll 'never understand women', why can't they undo a womans bra strap and why do they have so much difficulty in finding the G spot?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by steandleigh
If so, why do men complain that they'll 'never understand women', why can't they undo a womans bra strap and why do they have so much difficulty in finding the G spot?

I can undo a womans bra with one hand in about 1 tenth of a second.

I usually get battered over the head for doing it though
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I can undo a womans bra with one hand in about 1 tenth of a second.

I usually get battered over the head for doing it though
Good and bad in one swoop eh?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:19 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

Nicky
Well it is if you do them all at the same time. For all the hen pecked me out there here’s a tip. Master the art of sleeping with your eyes open. Oh and for any man that hasn't read "men are from mars and women from Venus" here’s another tip. Woman subconsciously use a points system for all the good things you do as well as what they do. So for example you pay the $500 a month mortgage (1 point), Work 18hours a day (1 point), buy a bunch of flowers (1 point), buy a diamond ring (1 point).

Same goes for a woman, put clothes in washing machine (1 point), put dishes in dishwasher (1 point). You get my drift. So the upshot of all this is:- save the £500 and buy a bunch of flowers instead! She’ll love you just as much for it and it wont take long to buy that Ferrari.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by arkon
Well it is if you do them all at the same time. For all the hen pecked me out there here’s a tip. Master the art of sleeping with your eyes open. Oh and for any man that hasn't read "men are from mars and women from Venus" here’s another tip. Woman subconsciously use a points system for all the good things you do as well as what they do. So for example you pay the $500 a month mortgage (1 point), Work 18hours a day (1 point), buy a bunch of flowers (1 point), buy a diamond ring (1 point).

Same goes for a woman, put clothes in washing machine (1 point), put dishes in dishwasher (1 point). You get my drift. So the upshot of all this is:- save the £500 and buy a bunch of flowers instead! She’ll love you just as much for it and it wont take long to buy that Ferrari.

What about banging them senseless, so they go to heaven and back. How many points?

Not that I ever have of course, I'm just working on the spreadhseet. Seems to be too many -1's on here at the moment.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:26 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Sex differences in general knowledge, semantic memory and reasoning ability

Authors: Lynn R(ichard); Irwing P(aul)

Source: British Journal of Psychology, Volume 93, Number 4, November 2002, pp. 545-556(12)

Publisher: British Psychological Society

Abstract:

This paper has the three objectives of attempting to replicate a previous study in which it was found that males have substantially greater general knowledge in most fields or domains than females, and of determining how far sex differences in general knowledge are a function of differences in either Gf (fluid intelligence), or experience. The results confirmed the previous study to the effect that males have higher means in a general knowledge factor of approximately .50 d (half a standard deviation). It was found further that there was no significant sex difference in Gf measured by Baddeley's Grammatical Reasoning Test, and only a low correlation between general knowledge and Gf. Analysis of covariance showed that differential experience as indicated by 'A'-level points and socio-economic status had only a marginal impact on the observed sex difference. The results are interpreted as showing that sex differences in general knowledge cannot be explained as a function of differences in either Gf or experience. It is proposed further that general knowledge should be regarded as a new second-order factor and designated as semantic memory.

Refutation anyone?
Oh Bugger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.