Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cleveland/Redlands Easter Festival

Wikiposts

Cleveland/Redlands Easter Festival

Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:58 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Cleveland/Redlands Easter Festival

For all the newcomers to the Redlands (East of Brisbane) area, there is a FREE Easter Festival being held on 12th April at Cleveland Show Grounds. (Free bus service from Cleveland Railway Station)

All the games, jumping castles, animal farm, rides ete etc are all said to be free. And live bands.

The advert says: A Totally Free Day Out for the family

even Free food and drink (No alchohol at a rough guess )

Easter Monday 12th April 9am - 3pm

They seem to do this each year.

Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was an ad for this in Millies school newsletter yesterday, we'll be giving it a go I think
Have you been ABC?
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:49 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mcmercer
There was an ad for this in Millies school newsletter yesterday, we'll be giving it a go I think
Have you been ABC?
We missed it last year, i can't remember why, but i am pretty sure we will be there this year.
It will give Erika a break from being bored during the holidays, she's got two full weeks off for Easter :scared:, her last day is tomorrow.

Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:03 pm
Ev'n'John

Default Re: Cleveland/Redlands Easter Festival

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
For all the newcomers to the Redlands (East of Brisbane) area, there is a FREE Easter Festival being held on 12th April at Cleveland Show Grounds. (Free bus service from Cleveland Railway Station)

All the games, jumping castles, animal farm, rides ete etc are all said to be free. And live bands.

The advert says: A Totally Free Day Out for the family

even Free food and drink (No alchohol at a rough guess )

Easter Monday 12th April 9am - 3pm

They seem to do this each year.
We'll have to miss out unfortunately - we're going camping on North Stradbroke Island for the Easter Weekend. I just hope John remembers what he was taught on his 4WD-ing course, or we may be stranded on the beach by Easter Monday!

Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:12 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good ABC, we will certainly be coming along.

Ev :scared:. I saw him with tools, taking down those awnings, dont let him near a winch .
Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:16 pm
Ev'n'John

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

Ev :scared:. I saw him with tools, taking down those awnings, dont let him near a winch .
I know!!! The big worry is that he now owns a chainsaw!!

Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:21 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
I know!!! The big worry is that he now owns a chainsaw!!
Oh god nooooooo! He said he was going to buy one, I just laughed hysterically & looked around for the fastest exit from the house in case I needed it :scared: .

Has he finished the painting yet or does he still need some help? Ive been sick, wouldnt have been much use to him anyway .
Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:32 pm
Ev'n'John

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Oh god nooooooo! He said he was going to buy one, I just laughed hysterically & looked around for the fastest exit from the house in case I needed it :scared: .

Has he finished the painting yet or does he still need some help? Ive been sick, wouldnt have been much use to him anyway .
Sorry to hear you've been poorly :-(

The painting is still progressing steadily (although the painter keeps getting distracted by his new toys - chainsaw, and new trailer arriving tomorrow!). We've met the deadline for the carpets, which arrive at the weekend - so hopefully it'll all start to look more civilised after that!

Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:43 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
Sorry to hear you've been poorly :-(

The painting is still progressing steadily (although the painter keeps getting distracted by his new toys - chainsaw, and new trailer arriving tomorrow!). We've met the deadline for the carpets, which arrive at the weekend - so hopefully it'll all start to look more civilised after that!
Excellent news! Just keep his nose to the grindstone .. ummmmm or the chainsaw, either should work