Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cleveland Brisbane...

Cleveland Brisbane...

Old Jan 24th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Mark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really nice
Default Cleveland Brisbane...

Stoopid questions....just looking on ourbrisbane.com at the suburbs to find more info about the above, but it's not listed?! Does it come under somewhere else?!! Whats it near?!
Ta!
Is Capalaba and Alex Hills around Cleveland, and how do they rate as community areas?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cleveland Brisbane...

ok here goes .....

Cleveland comes under 'Redlandshire' along with the other suburbs that you mentioned.

How they rate: Cleveland-pleasent (a bit sleepy at times) proper town centre with a good atmosphere. Houses can be a little expensive for no good reason. Catch the 'flyer' to Straddie for some true beach & whale watching...
Raby Bay - next to Cleveland. harbour & canal living (very expensive - the bloke from Savage Garden just sold for 6.5 mill) great for a stroll at the harbour with good cafes.
Ormiston - for me, a little overated but pleasent enough. Ormiston College is a good school (my kids go there)
Wellington Point - the point itself is great with shallow water, parks & food. Kite surfing seems to be big there, almost a beach as well!
Birkdale - Wello Point's neighbour & better value for money with regards real estate.
Capalaba - not a great reputation as a suburb, but with it's many shop's & outlets we would all be a little lost without it! mainly older houses cheapest area around
Alexandra Hills runs it pretty close - got some newer estates but still has a bit of a rep for being a little rough in parts
Thornlands - just lots of new houses really
Victoria Point - lots of development in the last few years - Jury is still out on whether they have made a decent job of it. Thompson Beach is excellent - and catch the ferry to Coochie.

I know there are a few more - but I think you get the idea .......

Mark
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:09 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cleveland Brisbane...

This might be a usefule site:

http://www.more2redlands.com.au/more...+the+Redlands/