Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cleveland Bay, moving from Perth

Cleveland Bay, moving from Perth

Old May 28th 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cleveland Bay, moving from Perth

Looking at moving over to Cleveland area from Perth. Husband on a reccie at the moment. Have been looking at the gold coast area and the Hinterland, he is likes the Redland Bay area. Originally wher looking at Tamborine but as I am a shift worker he does not fancy me driving up the mountain in the middle of the night.
He is now looking at the coast area so I can work in Brisbane or Gold Coast Hospitals, without too much travel.
Anyone with any info, thanks, Lisa
Old May 28th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cleveland Bay, moving from Perth

Originally Posted by lissylee
Looking at moving over to Cleveland area from Perth. Husband on a reccie at the moment. Have been looking at the gold coast area and the Hinterland, he is likes the Redland Bay area. Originally wher looking at Tamborine but as I am a shift worker he does not fancy me driving up the mountain in the middle of the night.
He is now looking at the coast area so I can work in Brisbane or Gold Coast Hospitals, without too much travel.
Anyone with any info, thanks, Lisa
Hi Lisa,

We live near Cleveland & have an apartment on the Gold Coast, so I feel reasonably qualified to answer your questions - what do you want to know?
Old May 28th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thanks,
some info on the schools would be fantastic, it looks s lovely place to live from the info my husband has given me.
Old May 28th 2007, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Hi thanks,
some info on the schools would be fantastic, it looks s lovely place to live from the info my husband has given me.
The schools around Cleveland are Cleveland State High which is meant to be the best state school in the area with a good rep, or private you have Faith Lutheran (Thornlands) Sheldon College or Ormiston College all of which are of a high standard (which comes at a price)
Our kids go to OC are we are very happy with the school. The fees for our two are $3500 per term, I think Sheldon is about 20% cheaper, but we prefered the feel of OC.

Victoria Point & Redland Bay will have state schools but I am not aware of any private schools other than those mentioned. (reasonable drive from Redland Bay)

A search on this site should return quite a few results as this has been a frequently discussed topic - good luck!

Mark
Old May 28th 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for that info
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Thank you for that info
Hi there my family and myself live in Redland Bay and have been here about 8 weeks. My 8 year old son goes to Redland Bay Primary school which is a state school and has a good reputation. He has really settled in well which were very pleased about as he hated school back in the UK.

The area is very beautiful, we have been fishing quite a few times which my son and husband really enjoyed, didn t catch anything mind!!

As new to the area and unable to work as my husband works away on a 8 weeks on 8 weeks off rota not made any friends as yet, except for an English family we met on here they live in Redland Bay as well. They have been amazing with us met us at the airport drove us around and even picked us up when we were stranded at Seaworld after a crash. Don't know what i'd of done without them.

So just trying to say if you need any advice or anything don t hesitate to ask other peoples knowledge and actions make the move so much easier.

Sarah
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:06 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi Sarah

We should be moving out to Redland Bay this summer possibly August or September. Brother and sisiter in-law live there already. Pleased to hear that the primary school is good as we have a 6 yr old daughter. I'm more concerned about my 14yr old as I'm not sure about Vicky Point school and believe that we would not be in the catchment area for Cleveland High, also it maybe quite a trip every day to Cleveland. If you ahve any information on the hogh schools I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Michelle
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Hi

My friend had lived in Cleveland since Nov last year, and loves it!

Children go to Cleveland primary and had no problems with settling in, she said there are lots of English children there.

We have just been told we have our visa's today and are trying to get some flights booked for 25th July to go there as well. I have looked up loads of info on the Queensland education site, and are going to to try and get ours sons into Cleveland primary and high school.

Good luck with your move.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:36 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi

Congratulations on getting your visa. We're waiting for ours to come through as we are going initially on a 457 visa so it should't be too long in arriving, I hope. Cleveland is a nice area, I quite fancied it but OH wants to be nearer his brother, which will be nice.

Good luck with the move.

Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Hi Sarah

We should be moving out to Redland Bay this summer possibly August or September. Brother and sisiter in-law live there already. Pleased to hear that the primary school is good as we have a 6 yr old daughter. I'm more concerned about my 14yr old as I'm not sure about Vicky Point school and believe that we would not be in the catchment area for Cleveland High, also it maybe quite a trip every day to Cleveland. If you ahve any information on the hogh schools I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

We have friends that have 2 boys in Vicky Point and she said they love it and its so more relaxed.