Cleveland

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough
Default Cleveland

Hi

If anybody is thinking of coming to the Cleveland, Redland area and would like information on property for sale or rentals in the area give me a shout. I start work for a large Real Estate agent on Monday 25th.

Stephen
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cleveland

Steve
Hi again mate
Hoping to get a rental in Raby bay harbour and will find out tomm, if we donlt get it we are buggered. PM me so we can have a chat as I have been looking at properties to buy and could do with less bullshxt than I have already had from every other bloody estate agent! :scared: Also nice to say hi as we will be living in the same manor :-) How did your daughter get on by the way?
Kelly
Old Sep 24th 2006, 6:23 am
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice
Smile Re: Cleveland

Hi Steve & Heather
Kirsty,Anthony and Ellie here!!!
We are planning to be over in Feb and are looking at Cleveland,Ormiton etc area, so I will definately bear your in mind. I am always looking the the real estate websites over there, sussing out the market so it will be good to hear finally have a contact when we get over there. We are hopefully completing on our house in the next 2 weeks, I am going to ask our estate agent for a reference on our house, ie.. maintanence, condition of house ect. Can you recommend what else I will need to get to prove will will be the best tennants!!

Originally Posted by steve & Heather
Hi

If anybody is thinking of coming to the Cleveland, Redland area and would like information on property for sale or rentals in the area give me a shout. I start work for a large Real Estate agent on Monday 25th.

Stephen
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi Kirsty, Anthony and Ellie

When we were applying for rentals it was really quite easy , all we did was provide our passports, UK credit card details, Diving Licence, 2 x utility bills, and three references. We found out that when the references were approached they asked them how long they had known us, how often they had visited our house and what state the house was in. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay, especially if you have no jobs at the time of application. We actually paid 6 months upfront and received a discount. You will also ned to pay a bond normally 4 weeks rent.

Dont do what a lot of people do and cancel your UK credit cards. Bring them with you to use a security until you get your account sorted here. We are using the commonwealth bank which has a very helpful branch in Cleveland. We found the exchange rate fair, they rang us when the rate was good and asked if we wished to transfer.

I would not get too hung up about finding a rental when you get here, as long as there are some you should get one. Please contact me nearer the time and I will give details of properties available.

There are about 4 motels round here that will do as a starting point while you get more settled.

We also hired some furniture until our container arrives from a place called Castle hire in Brisbane. They are very good. Mind you 3 people on a seat is a bit crowded. (Joking) They can do whatever you want. We got a 3,2 seater & chair, Fridge /freezer, TV, washing machine, double bed and single bed.

Hope this helps, it is an adventure, but what an adventure.

Stephen
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:27 pm
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

Thankyou so much for the valuable information!!!

I have added you to our buddy list and will be in contact nearer the time. Just been driving round this morning trying to find a short term rental for four months. Will be living out of boxes I think. Our buyer is keen to be in the house, so be it!! If we have move in my mothers then will have to go! I am not loosing this sale!

We are so excited and now just want to get over there and start our new life
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Steve
Hi again mate
Hoping to get a rental in Raby bay harbour and will find out tomm, if we donlt get it we are buggered. PM me so we can have a chat as I have been looking at properties to buy and could do with less bullshxt than I have already had from every other bloody estate agent! :scared: Also nice to say hi as we will be living in the same manor :-) How did your daughter get on by the way?
Kelly
Hi Kelly
If you dont get the rental I can give you the number of the manager of some in raby bay . we used them and theyre great
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hi Kelly
If you dont get the rental I can give you the number of the manager of some in raby bay . we used them and theyre great
Hi there
Thanks, I am waiting on a phone call. The resident manager is trying to get in touch with one of the residents who he knows wants to leave. He said he will call us by tomm and tell us if it will be available or not. fingers crossed :scared: If not, I'll be in touch. Thanks again
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi Kelly

How did you get on with your rental, did you get it?

Stephen
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Kelly

How did you get on with your rental, did you get it?

Stephen
Hi Stephen
STILL waiting. We saw him yesterday. Apparently its currently rented by 3 girls, two of which want to break their lease. He is waiting to speak to the 3rd one but it's all getting a bit close to us having to move so I am goign to ring him later and tell him we need to know by the end of the day or find somewhere else. Its in Esperance court btw. Wish me luck :-(
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hi Stephen
STILL waiting. We saw him yesterday. Apparently its currently rented by 3 girls, two of which want to break their lease. He is waiting to speak to the 3rd one but it's all getting a bit close to us having to move so I am goign to ring him later and tell him we need to know by the end of the day or find somewhere else. Its in Esperance court btw. Wish me luck :-(
Hi Kelly
Good luck and I hope you get the rental. I was speaking to our rental people today they have a few available. If you are having problems it may be worth a visit to see if any new ones have come on. And there are also some available at the other agencies, who are you using?

Steve
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Kelly
Good luck and I hope you get the rental. I was speaking to our rental people today they have a few available. If you are having problems it may be worth a visit to see if any new ones have come on. And there are also some available at the other agencies, who are you using?

Steve
Hi Steve
The resident manager rang me when we were at dinner, can't get us in until 15th and we need to get somewhere for 7th :-( We saw an ad for a rental there and missed out but he said there was another one which has now fallen through. SHXTE we are all so worried now as B/F going home in two days and we are going to be stranded. We are heading into Cleveland tomm and cant leave without a rental sorted. Will pop in if we don;t get any luck with the two we have details for
STRESSED!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:46 pm
tedeschicat

tedeschicat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Stephen
Hello There,
We are looking for accommodation in June of this year. The accommodation would be for 2 adults and 2 children for around the 3rd June. Location wise we were told of the Gold coast or south brisbane. Wonder if you can help?
Thank you
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:56 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Stephen
Hi Stephen,

We will be looking for a rental around June/July time hopefully if our house is sold here by then. I will get in touch with you nearer the time.

Good luck in your new job!

Jackie x
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

We are also planning on heading that way as soon as we sell our house here in the UK.

Anywhere around the Cleveland area would suit us to start with until we get more familiar with schools, jobs etc.

Louise
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

AllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud ofAllyKev has much to be proud of

Hi Stephen

Good luck with your new job!

Sorry to change the subject slightly, but i have been searching through the threads for anyone who has gained their visa based on them being an estate agent - and up you popped! As my sister would also like to join us in Oz - if we ever get there - but has been told that her skills as an estate agent are not required so she would struggle to get in unless she was sponsored by an employer. Is that what you had to do?

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Best wishes
Allison

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.