Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clearing out & resolutions

Clearing out & resolutions

Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

stepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nice
Default Clearing out & resolutions

After clearing out stuff for the move to Oz I have made a few resolutions.

1. I am definitely going to join a library when I get there. I've lost count of the number of books that have managed to make new homes & why did I even buy half of them in the first place?

2. I am never going to buy half the trash that is now in landfill somewhere.

3. My new home will be minimalistic with very few 'must have' gadgets, that live in a cupboard after trying to work your way through the manual only to discover that it doesn't really do what you want it to do (or to be more precise you didn't know what it was supposed to do in the first place!)

Has anyone ever managed to stick to these resolutions or have any pointers on how to stop that little shopping maniac that lives in my head from getting on the plane with me?

P.S. if anyone is wants a crosstrainer/clothes horse who can pick up from Glasgow pm me. Free to a good home please bring a duster
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clearing out & resolutions

Just going through the clearing out bit too & know exactly what you mean. Considering that I have tried to get rid of stuff over the past few years as we did our house up, we still seem to have an inordinate amount of crap! Where does it all come from?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:44 pm
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

After weeks of sorting and clearing out cupboards, loft and shed we are now a crap free house. Ready for the shippers on 24 Sept. It's a nice feeling.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dickchap
After weeks of sorting and clearing out cupboards, loft and shed we are now a crap free house. Ready for the shippers on 24 Sept. It's a nice feeling.
It can be done then?
Have some karma for being efficient
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

stepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nice

Originally Posted by dickchap
Did no one tell you never to play with matches That's the only way I can see of killing off the breeding pairs that live in my crap. Good luck with the move.