Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cleaning a dyson

cleaning a dyson

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cleaning a dyson

Originally Posted by Icarus
what colour was it ?
lime green and grey, why? It was rubbish here (was fab on my carpet in the UK), I bought a new one and moved on and have never been happier. My Bosch is 100 times better than MY dyson was, end of.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:47 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
Its the Chardonnay talking
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Just take the filters out and vacuum them. Doh.

Some people.

Mike.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

warponydestroyer will become famous soon enoughwarponydestroyer will become famous soon enough

Why does the dyson need to be so clean anyway - its not like it is going to have foot and mouth organisms on it?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:34 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

apparntly if they see it on the list the iqs like to inspect them in case your bringing any uk dirt into the country and yes it could contain polen flora etc which could mutate and turn their country into planet mars or something like that
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:24 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
apparntly if they see it on the list the iqs like to inspect them in case your bringing any uk dirt into the country and yes it could contain polen flora etc which could mutate and turn their country into planet mars or something like that
Mine won't it will be full of sand, bloody stuff gets everywhere. It's so fine it's like talcum powder. I am horrified at what comes out of the carpets with my Maytag.

As a rule of thumb I thought cylinder (pull alongs) were for non carpeted floors (the ones I have had have been useless on carpets), and the uprights with the beater bars were for carpets. I never vacuum my floor tiles just sweep and mop them with fairy & vinegar (great for windows as well).
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:56 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Mine won't it will be full of sand, bloody stuff gets everywhere. It's so fine it's like talcum powder. I am horrified at what comes out of the carpets with my Maytag.

As a rule of thumb I thought cylinder (pull alongs) were for non carpeted floors (the ones I have had have been useless on carpets), and the uprights with the beater bars were for carpets. I never vacuum my floor tiles just sweep and mop them with fairy & vinegar (great for windows as well).

Yeah cylinders are better on hard floors unless you have a cylinder vacuum with a rotating brush bar floor tool, then they're just as good on carpets as an upright

I'm bringing two cylinder Dysons over, one for my mum and one for me! As I work for Dyson this was a cheap option for me! (new ones cost quite a bit in Aus!!) I will miss my upright though....
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:45 am
Just Joined

ozziemart2b is an unknown quantity at this point

just looked at dyson website and you can get lifetime filter for 12.50 and you can even replace the clyclone root thing for 29.50??? surely it just means the outercasing?? thats the bit i want to clean. Oh well i guess if i just clean it thoroughly and replace filter and keep reciept for it that will do. I love my dyson and there is no way im leaving it here
Aw Clare - why dont ya just give me the dyson! And get a new one with an aussie plug.

How long have you owned this product? Are we to assume you have never cleaned it before??

This isnt looking good!!!!!!!! Terrible, terrible.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

ozziemart2b is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh by the way - Mr Muscle highly recommended for the oven.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:40 am
looking for my marbles

Originally Posted by ozziemart2b
Oh by the way - Mr Muscle highly recommended for the oven.
very funny bro