Wikiposts

Cleaners?

Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:26 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cleaners?

Does anyone know if it is easy getting someone to clean or at least do the irogning for you in Aus. Moving to Melbourne in June and I HATE ironing. Always had someone to do it for me and I don't intend taking up that task ever again! If it is easy what is the going rate? Many thanks
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:32 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cleaners?

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Does anyone know if it is easy getting someone to clean or at least do the irogning for you in Aus. Moving to Melbourne in June and I HATE ironing. Always had someone to do it for me and I don't intend taking up that task ever again! If it is easy what is the going rate? Many thanks

Its the in thing here to have a cleaner and somebody to do ur ironing.........unfortunately I am the cleaner lol I just do 8 hrs a week, there is always signs up for peeps to do ur ironing, we r in Qld mind u
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

$20 an hour seems the going rate for cleaning and ironing...up here at least.....
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by steandleigh
$20 an hour seems the going rate for cleaning and ironing...up here at least.....

FFS think i need to put me rates up
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

You should come and work for me!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by steandleigh
You should come and work for me!!!!

where dya live again lol
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cleaners in the local paper here in Brisbane seem to be charging around $13-15/hr. Ironing can vary, I have one ad that is $8/hr, one says $10/hr & anything up to $24/basket. :scared:

Dagboy keeps hassling me about getting someone to come in & do the heavy cleaning every week, only problem is that I'd feel guilty about them coming to a dirty house & I'd have to clean it before they get here .

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Apr 15th 2005 at 8:57 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:57 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Cleaners in the local paper here in Brisbane seem to be charging around $13-15/hr. Ironing can vary, I have one ad that is $8/hr, one says $10/hr & anything up to $24/basket. :scared:

Dagboy keeps hassling me about getting someone to come in & do the heavy cleaning every week, only problem is that I'd feel guilty about them coming to a dirt house & I'd have to clean it before they get here .

I generally get them to do the stuff that we all forget about it ie skirting boards, picture frame rails, inside kitchen cupboards, lampshades, laundry room etc etc. This is the stuff that generally takes up the time. $24 a basket? bargain if your basket is enormous!!! I pay for the ironing £25 per week- sometimes there is quite a lot and other times not so.