class 1 driver

Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

tonycannell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default class 1 driver

hi wheels in motion to come to au. what is the work like for hgv class 1 drivers. looking at melbourne at the moment as best buddy just gone there. any advice please:
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:07 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: class 1 driver

Originally Posted by tonycannell View Post
hi wheels in motion to come to au. what is the work like for hgv class 1 drivers. looking at melbourne at the moment as best buddy just gone there. any advice please:
There's a few on here in the game mate...

Think there's good work in WA with the mines, etc... not sure about Vic... Don't forget you need to retake your test...
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rodders39 View Post

Think there's good work in WA with the mines, etc... not sure about Vic... Don't forget you need to retake your test...
u mean do theory test. strewth cant mean do all class 1 again
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

u mean do theory test. strewth cant mean do all class 1 again

In ACT you have to do the driving part of the test - not hard - but costly
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sasbear View Post
In ACT you have to do the driving part of the test - not hard - but costly
what we looking at in dollars. its not aprob trust me just did not expect this cheers mate
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:30 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

what we looking at in dollars. its not aprob trust me just did not expect this cheers mate
Think it's not necessarily the test that's expensive but the bit where you need a couple of hours of driving, etc in someone else's truck...

Car and Motorcycle licences transfer over without retesting in several (all...?) states/territories but any restricted stuff is a retest...

Good to know before you go...!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

where abouts is good work in western au cheers
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:35 pm
Timelord

Not sure, I'm in Sydney myself... I'm sure there'll be others from the West along in a while... They're still in bed...
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Think it's not necessarily the test that's expensive but the bit where you need a couple of hours of driving, etc in someone else's truck...

Car and Motorcycle licences transfer over without retesting in several (all...?) states/territories but any restricted stuff is a retest...

Good to know before you go...!
any more info you can share will be appreciated buddy cheers
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

is the west my best option just my mate in
vic
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

any more info you can share will be appreciated buddy cheers

Hubby had been driving in UK for 14 years class 1 and adr - had to resti test - and have so many hours out driving in truck - the amount of hours depends on the bloke that takes you out. Hubby said it was wierd really as the bloke you pay to take you out driving is the one that passes you off - so depending on how much he wants to make out of you (hubby's words) is how long it takes.

Cost us $1500 to get his license - but he hasn't bothered with ADR yet as he is ok doing the job he has right now.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

jennylouise is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: class 1 driver

hi new on hear,we are looking to move to ozin the future im training to be a hairdresser and my husband i s a class 1 driver with lots of years experience for a shortage of hgv drivers they do not seem to be on the skills list however he has also just quailfied as a brick layer any help would be appreciated on how to go about ways to come to oz experience etc,
would love to recieve any advice
jennylouxx
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jennylouise View Post
hi new on hear,we are looking to move to ozin the future im training to be a hairdresser and my husband i s a class 1 driver with lots of years experience for a shortage of hgv drivers they do not seem to be on the skills list however he has also just quailfied as a brick layer any help would be appreciated on how to go about ways to come to oz experience etc,
would love to recieve any advice
jennylouxx
hi there i have found an agent who deals with getting class 1 drivers in to au. he wasa advertising in the sun paper. you submit cv of his website and leave in his hands .still waiting here but a long process. any more info you want get in touch . cheers from tony
Old Mar 18th 2007, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

jennylouise is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there i have found an agent who deals with getting class 1 drivers in to au. he wasa advertising in the sun paper. you submit cv of his website and leave in his hands .still waiting here but a long process. any more info you want get in touch . cheers from tony
hi tony thanks for that we will keep looking if we see any new info will be in touch
jennylou