Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

clarkson primary school

clarkson primary school

Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: clarkson primary school

Really sorry to hear about your experience. It's awful when it happens. you feel so helpless and you let it carry on because you think that they are kids mucking around and it will go away by itself, but it just goes on and on and on.

My daughter had always been happy in school in the UK and Singapore and from her first day in school here she was bullied. I let it go for a while and then it did seem to calm down. My daughter found a friend and they were inseparable......until the friend left the school.....and it all started up again.

Eventually I decided to see the principal about it. I have to say he took my complaint very seriously and it was dealt with immediately. There have been a few minor incidents since then, but nothing that I have been back to the school about.

Stick with what is best for your son. Some mixes of kids just don't work. My daughter is in a truly HORRIBLE year group of girls, my second daughter is in a lovely group 2 years lower. So removing him and putting him in with a different group may be the best thing for him. It's hard having to do that as it's not him who is causing the problem, but sadly that is sometimes the only option.

Good luck, I really hope it all works out for you. Keep believing in your son and telling him you love and support him.

Karma on it's way

Love

Rudi
xx
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Becky, if you feel unhappy about the school get Mikey out NOW!!!
Do not listen to other peoples views or opinions, he is your baby............and he needs you to help him.
Toby was bullied terribly at his senior school in Portsmouth, then he was finally stabbed. I have a lot of issues, and feel that if we had stepped in earlier and got him out he wouldnt have been injured.Ring me if you need me ok?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
One of my fire brigade colleagues teaches at Carramar primary - Ms Johnson. She's very nice.

I'll vouch for that. She's my daughters teacher
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:12 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

going back to the school later to transfer him to the south campus as soon as poss. hope things will be better for him
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:35 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and hope you sort it out.

Tracey
Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

If Carramar is too far how about down here in Kinross, saying that they might not take you, but I have found the school here to be quite a good school, the teachers are lovely and I have found my daughter has had a few fall outs and an incident when she first came here but the teachers were onto it straight away and you know how girls fall out with each other the teachers dealt with it straight away, I am pleased as I also had a big incident in Uk with my eldest and she was nearly killed by bullies and I had my car vandalised twice by these kids!! we had major trouble there and you have to make them listen to you as it can, even at that young age, spiral out of control.

My daughter was a lot older but the whole family went through hell and back, how we got through it and how she wasnt actually killed on one of the incidents I dont know......these bullies get worse as they get older....

Sorry dont want to upset you but its a worry.

kath
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:17 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
If Carramar is too far how about down here in Kinross, saying that they might not take you, but I have found the school here to be quite a good school, the teachers are lovely and I have found my daughter has had a few fall outs and an incident when she first came here but the teachers were onto it straight away and you know how girls fall out with each other the teachers dealt with it straight away, I am pleased as I also had a big incident in Uk with my eldest and she was nearly killed by bullies and I had my car vandalised twice by these kids!! we had major trouble there and you have to make them listen to you as it can, even at that young age, spiral out of control.

My daughter was a lot older but the whole family went through hell and back, how we got through it and how she wasnt actually killed on one of the incidents I dont know......these bullies get worse as they get older....

Sorry dont want to upset you but its a worry.

kath
Michael whent to school happier this morning knowing that the principle was looking into it and we are going to change campus. 2 hours later He's home the school rang to say he tripped on a paving slab and scracthed his knee and was a bit upset. Turns out he was pushed over skin off both knee caps cant walk properly and very upset. Going to bang head against wall

Must say though the secretary at the school has been wonderfull and very helpfull as she said she's been through it before
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
Michael whent to school happier this morning knowing that the principle was looking into it and we are going to change campus. 2 hours later He's home the school rang to say he tripped on a paving slab and scracthed his knee and was a bit upset. Turns out he was pushed over skin off both knee caps cant walk properly and very upset. Going to bang head against wall

Must say though the secretary at the school has been wonderfull and very helpfull as she said she's been through it before
Oh Dear! I hope he's ok soon. What an awful time you are having. I really feel for you in all this. Why is it that some kids are just so mean?

I really hope this gets sorted for you soon, it is just so upsetting whilst it is happening. I effects your whole life - I know I used to spend days at home worrying whether my daughter would come out with a smile on her face or completely miserable.

Good luck

Rudi
xx
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:26 am
still perthforme

Originally Posted by Rudi
Oh Dear! I hope he's ok soon. What an awful time you are having. I really feel for you in all this. Why is it that some kids are just so mean?

I really hope this gets sorted for you soon, it is just so upsetting whilst it is happening. I effects your whole life - I know I used to spend days at home worrying whether my daughter would come out with a smile on her face or completely miserable.

Good luck

Rudi
xx

PS More Karma on it's way - you need it!!!
I think he's got off lightly a girl in his class has a black eye, some delightfull child kicked her in the face :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:35 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I presume you took him straight to the principals office and sat him down to tell his side of the story.

What did the principal say?

Lynn
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:42 am
still perthforme

Originally Posted by movetoperth
I presume you took him straight to the principals office and sat him down to tell his side of the story.

What did the principal say?

Lynn
the principle was at the senior sports day. steve brought michael home. I'm just going to move him to clarkson south, and probably write to the education minister. Also we might start looking at private schools. It just shows the huge difference michael has gone through, from the tiny village school he attended in uk where the headmistress knew every childs name, to a school where there so many pupils I think the little mans coped better than I would off
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I don't see what difference moving him to Clarkson South will make if it's the school policies you are unhappy with. It is the same school run with the same guidelines and same head teacher.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:08 am
still perthforme

Originally Posted by DianeOZ
I don't see what difference moving him to Clarkson South will make if it's the school policies you are unhappy with. It is the same school run with the same guidelines and same head teacher.
I am looking at other schools, but at the moment moving him to the smaller campus is the best option as fewer students mean the teachers have better control of whats going on.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:13 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

the principle was at the senior sports day. steve brought michael home. I'm just going to move him to clarkson south, and probably write to the education minister. Also we might start looking at private schools. It just shows the huge difference michael has gone through, from the tiny village school he attended in uk where the headmistress knew every childs name, to a school where there so many pupils I think the little mans coped better than I would off
My experience of schools was completely different, my eldest was bullied at his english school, very small only 36 kids, but by his teacher not a pupil. I complained and complained and got nowhere so went to enrol them at another school, the new principal was happy to take him but advised against moving him as she felt moving him away from a system he knew and the kids he was friendly with would put more pressure on him, she contacted the principal of the school the boys were at and explained things to him, the end result was the teacher concerned was removed from the school and the problem was gone. a few months later we came here, he went from a school of 36 to a school of 600+ pupils and a teacher who looked the double of the old witch, she turned out to be great and once we'd explained the situation to her she really helped him, but, he was very unsettled for a while as he was in a situaltion where he knew neither the teacher nor the other kids and was scared the same thing would happen again.

Once he got over that he went from strength to strength and both boys much prefer the larger school to the smaller one.

You know how he will cope but just try not to move him too many times, if you really want to go the private route then why not just pull him out of school for a couple of weeks until you sort it out instead of moving him then moving him again.

But..... if it was me i'd be getting together with the parents of the other kids affected by the bully and going to see the principal en mass and i wouldn't be leaving until he did something about it.

Lynn
Old Sep 9th 2006, 4:17 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I know I am bringing this back to the top but I just really wanted to know how your wee boy is doing mrsperthforme? (sorry didn't know your name) Have you managed to arrange a new school or move off campus for him? Hope you are all ok and the school is now listening to you. Bullying is a horrible experience I really hope you get it resolved quickly.
Andrea
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.