Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

clarkson primary school

clarkson primary school

Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: clarkson primary school

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
Thanks when i've calmed down I will ring other schools in the area for info and advice then the department foe education.I am starting to feel pretty angry now if I wasn't up the duff that school wouldn't know what hit them.Normally I would be pushing the school.
I really need a big bar of choclate now.
Sending a HUGE cyber Mars Bar ur way
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

My sons go there, they are in year 2 and 7. I know for a fact that bullying is taken very seriously there as a rule. There was a recent suspension for just such an incident. I think it can be difficult when they are so young, getting the truth out of both parties, have his friends witnessed it - can they verify it etc. Which teachers have you seen (I will pm you to save asking endles questions)

My kids have been very happy there, recently my youngest gets called names by one of the boys in his class, he has told the teacher and it has been dealt with and is not a problem.

Sorry but i disagree with the earlier statement about poorer kids bringing problems to the school. The kid calling my sons name comes from a family with about 3 four wheel drives and a boat. My sons also have some extremely poor friends but they are the nicest kids you could wish to meet.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:22 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DianeOZ
My sons go there, they are in year 2 and 7. I know for a fact that bullying is taken very seriously there as a rule. There was a recent suspension for just such an incident. I think it can be difficult when they are so young, getting the truth out of both parties, have his friends witnessed it - can they verify it etc. Which teachers have you seen (I will pm you to save asking endles questions)

My kids have been very happy there, recently my youngest gets called names by one of the boys in his class, he has told the teacher and it has been dealt with and is not a problem.

Sorry but i disagree with the earlier statement about poorer kids bringing problems to the school. The kid calling my sons name comes from a family with about 3 four wheel drives and a boat. My sons also have some extremely poor friends but they are the nicest kids you could wish to meet.
did you read the last school letter on the front it said there are no incidents of bullying in the school. since day 1 of school (feb) michael has been bullied now the school year is nearly finished, me turning up at the school office was the the first the principle knew. Michaels teacher knew, the sub principl knew. I think 7 months is far to long not to know what is going on in your school, there is one hell of a communication problem.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I dont know anyone who has had kids in your sons class so I can't comment on her - why wont they do something such as yellow slips, detention etc. In the schools defence, anyone who I have spoken to who has had problems have had them dealt with quickly and satisfactorily. It must be very frustrating for you to feel you are getting nowhere.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:17 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know anyone who has had kids in your sons class so I can't comment on her - why wont they do something such as yellow slips, detention etc. In the schools defence, anyone who I have spoken to who has had problems have had them dealt with quickly and satisfactorily. It must be very frustrating for you to feel you are getting nowhere.
the bully has had yellow slips and been on yard duty for bullying other kids so the school is aware
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

So they are taking action then. You did make it sound as though nothing was being done at all.

You are doing the right thing making by seeing the principle, this will most probably make them take further action, you should have gone to see them 6 months ago.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:31 am
still perthforme

So they are taking action then. You did make it sound as though nothing was being done at all.

You are doing the right thing making by seeing the principle, this will most probably make them take further action, you should have gone to see them 6 months ago.
no they are not taking action the yellow slips are from incidents involving other students. but the principle has never spoken to the bully before. But he intends to talk to my son and the bully tomorrow to find some "common ground" because as the principle told me there are 2 sides to every story and boys will be boys.
as I said earlier i was bullied all through school. I saw my bully when I was 19 and she still tried to intimidate me. The school and parents need to stop the bulling behaviour at a young age or they grow up bully's.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Why issue yellow slips for other students complaints and not your sons, does he get on okay with the teacher.

Boys are rough, Will is forever coming home saying so and so bashed me.

I would suggest a meeting with you and your husband, your son, the other boy and the other boys parents and the principle and teachers/sub school leader.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:46 am
still perthforme

Why issue yellow slips for other students complaints and not your sons, does he get on okay with the teacher.

Boys are rough, Will is forever coming home saying so and so bashed me.

I would suggest a meeting with you and your husband, your son, the other boy and the other boys parents and the principle and teachers/sub school leader.
as i said before his teachers a chocolate teapot. and i said that to the principle
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I hope it goes okay for him tomorrow and the matter is resolved.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:52 am
still perthforme

Well I hope it goes okay for him tomorrow and the matter is resolved.
going to have him moved to the south campus as it smaller and as he used to go to a village primary he may feel more comfortable. But now the school knows about the bully maybe it will prevent another child being bullied
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:56 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

no they are not taking action the yellow slips are from incidents involving other students.
Hi there,
I had to respond as I know just how you feel we are still in the UK and we live in a nice town, pretty much all middleclass families and the opinion is that bullying does NOT exist in my sons school, well thats boll**** as I have witnessed my son being bullied. I did the responsible thing and went to the school to be told "Bullying doesn't exist in this school" It seems to me that if the teachers can't face up to bullying how are the children suppossed to learn right from wrong. Being from manchester and a working class low socio-economic background (plus having a degree in psychology ) I can tell you it doesn't matter who or where you are from all backgrounds can produce bullies, and often the worst bullies are the ones who come from priveleged backgrounds. When it is your child being bullied then it is different it is upsetting and frustrating. I hope you resolve the matter quickly for your sanity and yours sons welfare. Big cyber hug to you.
Good Luck
Andrea
xx
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:29 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

going to have him moved to the south campus as it smaller and as he used to go to a village primary he may feel more comfortable. But now the school knows about the bully maybe it will prevent another child being bullied
Sorry to hear about your troubles Bex. Not sure if we told you Charlie had the same problems where we are at the mo. We couldn't get it resolved because the teacher was not willing to deal with the bully. Eventually the teacher left and when Charlie had a new teacher in the new year, things improved dramatically. He still has some trouble with the child and he is still in the same class, but at least the new teacher understands the problems and deals with the bully.

Best advice I can give, is what you have already done. Get him out, not because of the bully, but because you have no trust in the teacher. See if you can interview the next teacher and ask for his/her policy and real life examples of how they have dealt with it. This is really important to you, make sure they know it.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:42 am
still perthforme

Originally Posted by The Genie
Sorry to hear about your troubles Bex. Not sure if we told you Charlie had the same problems where we are at the mo. We couldn't get it resolved because the teacher was not willing to deal with the bully. Eventually the teacher left and when Charlie had a new teacher in the new year, things improved dramatically. He still has some trouble with the child and he is still in the same class, but at least the new teacher understands the problems and deals with the bully.

Best advice I can give, is what you have already done. Get him out, not because of the bully, but because you have no trust in the teacher. See if you can interview the next teacher and ask for his/her policy and real life examples of how they have dealt with it. This is really important to you, make sure they know it.
Cheers Ian
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We had some trouble with our son in Canada 2 years ago and his teacher was useless. Finally I said that any communication between the school and us (hubby and I) must be in writing and if there was to be a meeting with the school, then either they had to provide someone to take minutes of the meeting or we would be recording it. Once things had to be in writing, they changed dramatically. Suddenly they couldn't do enough to help us with his problems. Thankfully he is now very happily settled in his school in Oz and we love his new teacher.
Most important thing here is your son's wellbeing. If you know he's being bullied, then make the school know it too. Sounds to me like the teacher and the principal are bullies as well calling a year 1 child a liar and having his mother in tears over it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.