Reload this Page >

Claiming Overpaid Tax When Emigrating

Claiming Overpaid Tax When Emigrating

Old Jul 8th 2003, 3:47 am
Just Joined

David Ford is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Claiming Overpaid Tax When Emigrating

All

In talking to someone earlier the issue of claiming overpaid tax back from the Inland Revenue when emigrating came up.

We can help you with this, it isnt hard, if anyone wants the form etc please email us at [email protected]
Old Jul 8th 2003, 4:22 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Or alternatively go to the Inland Revenue website, print off form P85 (http://www.ir.gov.uk/cnr/p85_p85s.htm) and probably fill in your tax return online.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 4:34 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Claiming Overpaid Tax When Emigrating

You can also do it yourself when you are in Britain - forget paying someone to do it for you.... sharks!! Geeze I hate leaches - living off others money

When I left the Uk almost 11 years ago now, I filled out a form (sorry I can't remember where I picked it up from, if it was either county hall in Swansea, or the post office - it's that long ago now I can't remember) but it was only a matter of filling in a form, and I received the money in a couple of weeks before I actually left the UK.

Do not pay anyone for this service! Ask in your post office if your still in the UK - they will advise you.

Cheers
Old Jul 8th 2003, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Default Claiming Overpaid Tax

For everyones benefit particulalry Ceri who assumed we charge - we dont.

Reclaiming tax does not require our (or anyones elses) help

The actual form is attached
Old Jul 8th 2003, 4:56 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

For an approximate guide to how much you might get back, fill in the form on Moneyextra using your actual salary received for the year (not your annual salary), it will then tell you how much tax you should pay. Compare this number to how much tax you have actually paid year to date, the difference is roughly what the Inland Revenue owes you. Anyone leaving part year should get some money back cos the PAYE system pretty much assumes you get the same each month and so calculates tax on this basis. If you leave six months into a year, for example, and were paying some salry at 40% tax, you'll probably find that all of this should have really been taxed at 23%, cos you didn't actually earn enough to be in the 40% tax bracket. The same goes with all the brackets. If you've got a password and ID for the IR you can do an online self assessment which will calculate the numbers much more accurately than the Moneyextra thing. I have just done all this and looking forward to getting 1600GBP back soon! This should help pay off ever escalating credit card bills here in Oz.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 5:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Claiming Overpaid Tax

Originally posted by David Ford
For everyones benefit particulalry Ceri who assumed we charge - we dont.

Reclaiming tax does not require our (or anyones elses) help

The actual form is attached
false sense of safety. You may not be allowed to legally charge for this service - but do not kid people, it's a way of advertising your company for future services.

Most things you can do yourself - including emigrating- do you take people as being stupid or what?

You make your living off other peoples back.

I find it sad that so many people are using services which are easy enough to do yourself.

Do not try and teach your Granny to suck eggs - pull them in with a net, then they will use your service (paying) in the future.

Cheers

I wasn't born yesterday - good thing about being an expat, and travelling the world - the sharks are easy to spot.

A tip for anyone - be careful - do not take things as face value. Please use your own sense and reasoning - check things out first.

That's all I have to say - a good tip if you want to take heed.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

smithone is an unknown quantity at this point

David

I think you're treading a fine line between trying to be helpful and actively advertising your company.

Posting the form is good and will help people.

Getting people to try and contact you for help, in my opinion belongs in the Marketplace section.

Learn from the other service providers who post on the site and don't fall into the trap of using this section to sell your company.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Arrow

Thankyou all for your views - all respected particulalry Smithones and despite Ceri's agressive tendencies & reference to leaches.

It is hard to know how to post when we get email from members asking questions where common themes are evident.

We do advertise in the countries in which we operate - the UK, Australia and New Zealand and I was wary that the post was on that ''thin line''.

i will restrict my response to direct questions and/or use the Marketplace in future.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 6:08 am
Y Ddraig Goch

We do advertise in the countries in which we operate - the UK, Australia and New Zealand and I was wary that the post was on that ''thin line''.

i will restrict my response to direct questions and/or use the Marketplace in future.

I rest my case! .
I just hate that some people who are "naive" when it comes down to living emigrating get taken for a ride by people/companies.

Yes I'm aggressive when some people are really trying to take novices for a ride.

Hey I don't like Australia that much - but I would never mislead people.

Good luck with your lifestyle of making money off other people who are not in the know when it comes to emigrating- I stick by the leach statement - living off others.

good luck

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 8th 2003 at 6:53 am.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Ceri
I rest my case! .
I just hate that some people who are "naive" one it comes down to living emigrating get taken for a ride by people/companies.

Yes I'm aggressive when some people are really trying to take novices for a ride.

Hey I don't like Australia that much - but I would never mislead people.

Good luck with your lifestyle of making money off other people who are not in the know when it comes to emigrating- I stick by the leach statement - living off others.

good luck

what a load of pious nonsense..

everybody 'leaches' of everybody else , this is how civilisation continues. it's caqlled trading

if you want a 747 you go to a company that can 'leach' off your 'naivity' in not being able to make one...

if you are charged with murder you get a 'leach' to represent you in court

if your water tank leaks you get a plumber round to 'leach' off you because you haven't done a 4 yr apprenticeship in plumbing..

this is how the system works...

right i've gotta go and 'leach' off a company called Sealion -which whilst clever enough to design and commission oil tankers are 'naive' enough not to know how to install air conditioning...;-)

cheers

richard

btw you cat 'leaches' off you because you 'naively' believe it needs you..
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:37 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by r.bartlett
what a load of pious nonsense..

everybody 'leaches' of everybody else , this is how civilisation continues. it's caqlled trading

if you want a 747 you go to a company that can 'leach' off your 'naivity' in not being able to make one...

if you are charged with murder you get a 'leach' to represent you in court

if your water tank leaks you get a plumber round to 'leach' off you because you haven't done a 4 yr apprenticeship in plumbing..

this is how the system works...

right i've gotta go and 'leach' off a company called Sealion -which whilst clever enough to design and commission oil tankers are 'naive' enough not to know how to install air conditioning...;-)

cheers

richard

btw you cat 'leaches' off you because you 'naively' believe it needs you..
ok... choose your own way, you know better, and you will make you own mistakes - I'll keep my mouth shut next time. forget trying to help other people in future . I know "nofing" (hogans hero's) - anyway it's the last time I try and help people , you deserve all , that's why certain business's prey on people like you.

There's no helping some people I give up! geeze I do really give up - forget it!!! go your own sweet way and get taken for a ride .

Ahh what do I know I am but a kepala buto (pr*ck head) good luck to you. - I know nothing at all.

I give up !!

cheers

stick to your little narrow minded little world - if you only realised for one second animal cruelty is because of humans- you know nothing mate, when it comes to this - so do not get my back my back up! Or do you think kicking , killing an animal by kicks is nature! get real ... and get back to your dream world.
Oh it mist be nice .. do you think chopping off a monkey's top of the head of the head while it's still alive and eating the brains while it's still screaming - have you ever seen that, have you ever been there - and heard the agony - like I say - don't start mate. ok - get real, I wish I were you - how nice to not see or know anything outside the norm

my point is - well it's the last time I try and help people_ think for yourselves, because I'm fed up with being abused by stupid so - and so's like you who think they know it it all,

good lick to you all
and I do really wish the you the best of luck - do not take things as face value

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 8th 2003 at 7:54 am.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
ok... choose your own way, you know better, and you will make you own mistakes - I'll keep my mouth shut next time. forget trying to help other people in future . I know "nofing" (hogans hero's) - anyway it's the last time I try and help people , you deserve all , that's why certain business's prey on people like you.

Ceri ; calm down.

You have no evidence that Mr Ford is at all unscrupulous even thought he is indeed advertising his business on the wrong forum. I suspect that your attack on him in writing in the public domain definitely counts as libel.

You and I have had exhanges before on the "returning to the UK" forum and youre clearly highly strung (Welsh). I'm not having a go, but you really need to cool it when you are popping at a Professional person's integrity.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 9:12 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

just ask your tax office for a P85 form...Ive just filled mine in. They will either send you a cheque or pay it direct into your bank account.....easy peasy!

Old Jul 8th 2003, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

smithone is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou all for your views - all respected particulalry Smithones and despite Ceri's agressive tendencies & reference to leaches.

It is hard to know how to post when we get email from members asking questions where common themes are evident.

David

My advice would be to post answers to direct questions in this forum rather than imply that you know the answers and that people should contact you for answers.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:28 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by sundarize
Ceri ; calm down.

You have no evidence that Mr Ford is at all unscrupulous even thought he is indeed advertising his business on the wrong forum. I suspect that your attack on him in writing in the public domain definitely counts as libel.

You and I have had exhanges before on the "returning to the UK" forum and youre clearly highly strung (Welsh). I'm not having a go, but you really need to cool it when you are popping at a Professional person's integrity.
so sue me!
Since when is a personal opinion liable?

Excuse my spelling in my last post I have just noticed I said "good Lick" lol .. among other things. I haven't bothered to change it as it's obvious the" I " is next to the" U "on the keyboard ..I have a habit of typing fast and pressing the wrong key.

As for highly strung (passionate yes when it matters - highly strung no lol and what the 'ell has welsh has got to do with being highly strung I don't know - should I sue you for calling the welsh highly strung? lol - may get you under the racist act ) .

Anyway, I seem to remember two old dears in Cardiff told you to F off , it was you wasn't it?, or am I confusing you with someone else(?) .You said something like Welsh and British people in general are miserable and they are not welcoming (in that certain post/thread you are referring to" in moving back to the UK")... and I said to you - what did you say to these two old dears for them to tell you to f off?...
It did strike me as very funny,- I can just imagine it - two little old ladies telling you to ***** off..... I want to adopt them now !

I have a habit of taking on waifs and strays... "here grannies.. here grannies, down girls, be nice now... don't tell the nice English person to F off - naughty grans! " .. lol - oh come on... I tell you what if that ever happens to you again... please get it on camera/video - I want to see it, it sounds funny to me (funny as in the true meaning of funny.. comedy )

Cheers

Disclaimer:

All opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed by myself (I'm not the BBC and you're not Blair) are of my own personal opinion, whether you want to believe them or not is a matter of ones own discretion.
If you rely on the information you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness

Think I may put that in my signature

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.