Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Claiming National insurance money back!!!

Claiming National insurance money back!!!

Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default Claiming National insurance money back!!!

my husband works on the oil rigs here in Oz, he has just heard from other guys that are on the same rig from the U.K that they are entitled to claim 7 years of there national insurance back. Anyone know if this is true and have they ever heard of it.
Cheers
Suzanne
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: Claiming National insurance money back!!!

Originally Posted by svinnes
my husband works on the oil rigs here in Oz, he has just heard from other guys that are on the same rig from the U.K that they are entitled to claim 7 years of there national insurance back. Anyone know if this is true and have they ever heard of it.
Cheers
Suzanne
Bump
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Suzanne
Would be interested to hear if anyone knows how this is possible???? Maybe your hubby can ask his mate for more details
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Suzanne
when i spoke to DWP...i was told.....NO!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think if it was true then the forum would be well and truly broadcasting it!
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think if it was true then the forum would be well and truly broadcasting it!
Hi,is anyone still paying ni now that they have emigrated to oz?I was considering keeping paying it when we go but not sure,anyone any thoughts on this?Cheers Dave
Old Jun 25th 2006, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,is anyone still paying ni now that they have emigrated to oz?I was considering keeping paying it when we go but not sure,anyone any thoughts on this?Cheers Dave

Hi I read on a thread somewhere on site that you can pay NI class 2 ,about £106 a year to still get your pension.If you search it you will find it.
Cheers Lorri
Old Jun 25th 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Yes we still pay our National insurance, i think that we pay £10.60 a month.