Civil Engineers and Credit History

Civil Engineers and Credit History

Old Aug 17th 2003, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Civil Engineers and Credit History

Hi guys.

Question 1.

Are there any Civil Engineers (Road Maintenance) out there please? After reading the previous postings regarding employers' attitudes to "no Australian experience", I was wondering if any Civil Engineers found the same problem regarding employers or agencies.

Question 2.

When wishing to build or buy a home early on, is there much grief regarding getting a mortgage with having no Australian credit history?

Thanks a lot. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Phil
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i was told to go and buy something small on hp as soon as possible in order to get your credit history going

cheers

richard
Old Aug 18th 2003, 1:13 am
Carol in Oz

Originally posted by r.bartlett
i was told to go and buy something small on hp as soon as possible in order to get your credit history going

cheers

richard
The area of finance I work in is a creditline lending up $10,000 only. They wont consider anyone just arrived in the country.
I would say maybe the banks work differently going by other posts I have seen on here and no doubt someone else who has gone through the same thing as you will be able to provide more innfo than me.
Maybe get a bank credit card and or a store card from one of the big retailers to get the ball rolling.

A word of warning if you should get involved in the buy now pay later finance ( type of stuff I deal with) READ THE SMALL PRINT. If these things are not paid out within the interest free period you will be paying about 27.5% interest.