Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Civil Engineer Looking to Move to Australia

Civil Engineer Looking to Move to Australia

Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:10 am
Just Joined

harismus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Civil Engineer Looking to Move to Australia

Hi I am a Civil Engineer Looking to move to Australia. Just wanted to know what the job prospects are like and how does the salaries compare to the UK. I have 3 years of experience in Bid Development / Tendering.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Civil Engineer Looking to Move to Australia

Have you already been granted your visa? (or are you by chance an Australian or New Zealand citizen?). If no, start at http://www.immi.gov.au
Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:52 am
PeterC

PeterC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Civil Engineer Looking to Move to Australia

Originally Posted by harismus
Hi I am a Civil Engineer Looking to move to Australia. Just wanted to know what the job prospects are like and how does the salaries compare to the UK. I have 3 years of experience in Bid Development / Tendering.
Ideally you will have right to work in Australia as mentioned in the other comment. If you have - your laughing and will easily get fixed up...

However given the market at moment, which is still fairly buoyant for engineers (including civil) there might be prospects for sponsorship with company's as there are a number of large projects about to commence both in WA and QLD. You would need to approach civil engineering company's out in Australia to confirm this option as quite often their needs regularly change. You might get lucky.

Also suggest you approach a couple of agencies such as Technical Resources (QLD) and John Davidson.

Salaries are competive - especially FIFO roles.