Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

City pad in Melbourne for work M-F

City pad in Melbourne for work M-F

Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default City pad in Melbourne for work M-F

Wondering if anyone who lives in Melbourne knows the best way to have a furnished city base to enable me to work during the week in the Melbourne area and travel back home to Wodonga at the weekends.
Ive got the option of working for a few weeks at a time on a locum basis for an agency however there is the possibility of permanent work for another company.
I had an interview recently in Heidleberg and im just trying to be prepared on the off chance I get the permanent job.
Ive tried doing searches but the places ive found are more student accommodation rather than something suitable for a city worker.
Also what areas do those living in Melbourne recommend to live for an easy commute by train to Heidleberg? Im not bringing a car down with me as thought that might be easier to get a city pad. Also the company would supply a car for work purposes.
Hopefully I would only be living like this till the end of the school year and my family would relocate after a school and family home was found.
Thanks Mandy
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: City pad in Melbourne for work M-F

Lots of apartments in Preston.... you could catch the smart bus, which runs every 12 mins
Should take about 15 mins from preston... or even bicycle/electric bike it.

Here's an example.

Bell City Preston...

Bell City Residences Superior Studios

I honestly reckon it's your best bet as it's so close. You could even walk from there on a good day... are you going to be at the Austin ?

You may be able to get free transport to and from work with the deluxe residences Well free in as much as you pay extra for the room.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 28th 2014 at 8:11 am.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Accommodation Ivanhoe |Quest Ivanhoe Serviced Apartments | Ivanhoe Accommodation Victoria Australia

One or two stops on train or 20 min pleasant walk.

Or better still:
76 Darebin Street, Heidelberg 3084, VIC - Apartment for Rent at Rent.com.au

HTH
Old Jul 29th 2014, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both for the suggestions much appreciated
Old Jul 29th 2014, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

stevegallagher is an unknown quantity at this point

When we were on a WHV we rented a fully furnished apartment in Docklands, that was convenient and extremely close to the CBD.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Winkledog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandy, I lived at the Bell City apartments for a month when I first arrived in Melbourne, worked out well. I was working in Melbourne cbd and just caught the train in each day. Small rooms but very clean. Shared kitchen can get busy but it is good to have the option of cooking however there are lots of cheap restaurants within walking distance.

Hope that helps and good luck!