Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which City is more popular to live?

Which City is more popular to live?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

scotland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which City is more popular to live?

Originally Posted by Sandra
The most popular city for immigrants is Sydney.

Immigrants does not just mean British! The work and opportunity are in Sydney.

2nd to that is Melbourne.........and of course everybody will argue different cause this is a British Expat site. Check out facts not fiction.

Well paying jobs vs lifestyle is where the majority of migrating people go for.....lifestyle for most is a well paying job!
I choose Sydney because of the Job's available and higher wages. Would not change a thing and have been here 17 yrs.
The Harbour, Beaches, (my favourite is Maroubra Beach) Nightlife-most films,concerts and shows come here first. Lots to see !!!
Lots to do or do nothing and enjoy the lovely weather.

You get definite seasons here. Not too hot and not too cold.
Melbourne can get very cold, perth gets very hot(summer) and very cold (winter), Queensland gets very hot in summer. Sydney is perfect.

If you are ambitious this is the place to come.A lot of big business here. If you are looking for a job there are lots available. More chance of being happy in your job if you can choose where you work and get paid fairly.

Yup Sydney has it all!!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

ken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: Which City is more popular to live?

We are going to Adelaide, although we have not been to any other cities in Australia. After our Recce we feel it has got all you need, friendly people, good bars and clubs, shops galore, and some very nice beaches, as people have said its a case of personal preference.
As a point of interest, who has only ever worked and lived in the place they were born? If we dont like it we will look around for somewhere else.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for their input. Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney melbourne......... Now I am totally confused. I guess the smart thing to do would be to organise a recce. ABCDiamond - Just out of curiosity, why are you sending your 9 yr old to private school? Are the state schools overcrowded or lacking or is it just your personal preference to send him to private school? How is the commute to Brisbane (1 hour away)? Hope i'm not coming across as nosy , just trying to get as much info as possible!!!!!! Thanks!!!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

scotland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by macker
Hi all,

Thanks everyone for their input. Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney melbourne......... Now I am totally confused. I guess the smart thing to do would be to organise a recce. ABCDiamond - Just out of curiosity, why are you sending your 9 yr old to private school? Are the state schools overcrowded or lacking or is it just your personal preference to send him to private school? How is the commute to Brisbane (1 hour away)? Hope i'm not coming across as nosy , just trying to get as much info as possible!!!!!! Thanks!!!
State schools can be great, especially in a good area.Some are in demand. Catholic and Anglican schools have a good name and others.Same student to teacher ratio's. I think personal tutoring if required is more helpful way to spend money.
But this is a personal choice.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:48 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Our destination is probably the most 'unpopular', but I gotta keep the flag flying We are off to Tasmania hopefully around Hobart

Last edited by possoms; Nov 29th 2005 at 9:48 am. Reason: spelling