Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which city is the best one to move if I am SINGLE?

Which city is the best one to move if I am SINGLE?

Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:57 am
Ona
Just Joined

Ona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which city is the best one to move if I am SINGLE?

Hey Mates!!!

I Am 33 Years Old And Single.
Next Year I Am Moving To Australia And I Have No Idea Which City I Can Choose To Live.
I Will Love A City With Night Life, Theatres, Pubs, Young People, Nature, Open Minded People, Handsome Boys...hehehe

I Want A Place Where It Will Be Easy To Meet People, You Understand What I Mean?

All The Opinions Are Welcome.

Thanks
Ona. :d
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Which city is the best one to move if I am SINGLE?

Sydney or Melbourne. No contest.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Melbourne
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:03 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu.E
Sydney or Melbourne. No contest.

I dunno...I lived in Brissy through the 90's (so it may be a little different now...but I doubt it) and I was in my 20's and single and had a BLAST!!

The weather is great for getting out and about....

To be honest...any of the 3 major East Coast cities would be worth considering.

Hels
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:06 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you'd have a laugh in any of the ones that everyone has mentioned - Sydney, Melbourne and Brissy, but don't forget the Gold Coast.

Paul.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Can't comment on Melbourne or Sydney but have been in Brisbane for a month now and it's fantastic!
I'm 32 and, although not single, my partner is in the UK so I'm effectively on my own and having a great time!!!
There's loads of good bars, millions of restaurants, cool and interesting suburbs, lively nightlife in places like Fortitude Valley , parks, theatres, the South Bank which has a man-made beach, good bands (Oasis and Foo Fighters both playing next month), good sport (rugby league, Aussie Rules, soccer, cricket), decent shopping and a lovely river.
Plus it's a great location because it's not far from the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, and there are places like Stardbroke and Moreton Islands not far from Brisbane itself.
The people are really chilled out and the atmosphere so relaxed. Plus there's better (hotter/sunnier) weather year-round if you like that kind of thing.
It's quite nice and compact too so easy to get around.
Would definitely recommend it
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon Melbourne too.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ona
Hey Mates!!!

Next Year I Am Moving To Australia And I Have No Idea Which City I Can Choose To Live.
I Will Love A City With Night Life, Theatres, Pubs, Young People, Nature, Open Minded People, Handsome Boys...hehehe

I Want A Place Where It Will Be Easy To Meet People, You Understand What I Mean?

Thanks
Hi,
I'm single too and I'm headed to Brisbane.
Chooosing to go there wasnt anything to do with my being single as I wasnt at the time but certainly is a lot of things to do out there. I'm sure it is the same all over though from what I have read

I personally chose Brisbane/ Queensland area because of the climate (although from what I have read on here I will soon come to regret that!!!). the theme parks etc for the kids. Well there was a lot of reasons really , too many to go into.

I'm sure you'll have a blast wherever you go, so long as you are willing to get out there and meet people

Tracey
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:02 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ona
Hey Mates!!!

Thanks

If you do a search for a recent thread much like this one, you will find that there are quite a few of us single folk heading for Sydney. We've formed a loose BE singles group and have already arranged to meet for beers!

I guess it's down to your expectations about what you hope to get out of your move - For me, it was an obvious choice as I have friends in Sydney and Canberra, and I also think that Sydney represents the best chance for me to get a good job. On the negative side is the cost of housing

On the other hand, I've spent quite a bit of time in Brisbane, and that was pretty splan too.

S
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:05 am
Banned

slug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ona
Hey Mates!!!

Thanks
if you're a man and play for the other team then try sydney

other than that any city will do - adelaide & perth are a bit quiet though - and canberras full of civil servants

last resort would be nimbin
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:09 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
If you do a search for a recent thread much like this one, you will find that there are quite a few of us single folk heading for Sydney. We've formed a loose BE singles group and have already arranged to meet for beers!

I guess it's down to your expectations about what you hope to get out of your move - For me, it was an obvious choice as I have friends in Sydney and Canberra, and I also think that Sydney represents the best chance for me to get a good job. On the negative side is the cost of housing

On the other hand, I've spent quite a bit of time in Brisbane, and that was pretty splan too.

S

Oh Yeah, that other thread I mentioned was this one:

Single Bloke emmigrating on a 136 independant...Needs advice and some reasurrance

I stupidly forgot to include it.

S
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Ozceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the rough

I would say Gold Coast.

Non stop party time.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:35 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ona
Hey Mates!!!

Thanks
Have you noticed, no-one has said Perth
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Not Perth.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:46 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shade8
Not Perth.
Get that crash helmet on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.