Citizenship time-lines ?

Citizenship time-lines ?

Old May 3rd 2007, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mamoo will become famous soon enoughMamoo will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Citizenship time-lines ?

Hiya,
I am looking for citizenship timelines.
I went on citizenship.gov.au website; it says the interview process (after application) may take 90 days and then the ceremony (which I make a judgement another 2 months.
It means it takes another 5 months + 1 month for application to get passport.
I have a planned trip for 3 months between all these things. It means that I will have to wait for another yr., NOT HAPPY.
Can people tell us their time lines in Melbourne and which is the best area to process the things faster?

goodluck to all who have interview lined-up

Mamoo
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:26 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship time-lines ?

Originally Posted by Mamoo
Hiya,
I went on citizenship.gov.au website; it says the interview process (after application) may take 90 days and then the ceremony (which I make a judgement another 2 months.
I have a planned trip for 3 months between all these things. It means that I will have to wait for another yr., NOT HAPPY.
Can people tell us their time lines in Melbourne and which is the best area to process the things faster?

Mamoo
it took us 6 months to get citizenship and once you have been gained citizenship your visa is cancelled so you need your Aussie passport
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
it took us 6 months to get citizenship and once you have been gained citizenship your visa is cancelled so you need your Aussie passport
As I found out when re-entering Oz last week!!!!!

My Oz passport arrived at home after I had departed for the UK - was stopped at customs when i tried to re-enter
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear
As I found out when re-entering Oz last week!!!!!

My Oz passport arrived at home after I had departed for the UK - was stopped at customs when i tried to re-enter
oopsie
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

oopsie

No one told me you see - so I just happened to apply before I left as I always wanted the Oz passport - and didn't think anything more until i returned and they asked me if I was a citizen 'yes' I replied. I was asked to produce my Oz passport and I explained that it was at home.....'follow this gentleman please' I was told.

Luckily it only took a couple of minutes to sort out - and now I know - but I don't think it is a widely known point regarding this issue, do you?
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear
No one told me you see - so I just happened to apply before I left as I always wanted the Oz passport - and didn't think anything more until i returned and they asked me if I was a citizen 'yes' I replied. I was asked to produce my Oz passport and I explained that it was at home.....'follow this gentleman please' I was told.

Luckily it only took a couple of minutes to sort out - and now I know - but I don't think it is a widely known point regarding this issue, do you?
I think on the citizenship forms OR the letter we got saying we had been granted citizenship it said Please note once you have citizenship this will cancel any current visa. You silly sausage lol
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:29 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

I think on the citizenship forms OR the letter we got saying we had been granted citizenship it said Please note once you have citizenship this will cancel any current visa. You silly sausage lol
took the words...
i guess it is the sort of detail you might overlook, but glad it was easily sorted
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't you travel on your existing passport?
Old May 4th 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mamoo will become famous soon enoughMamoo will become famous soon enough

Hiya,

Mamoo
guys guys guys passport is not an issue. [ my thread seemed hijacked with other discussions ]
My questions was the time lines regarding the day i apply for citizenship (normally whats the period? considering Melbourne)

Thanks for those reply guys, it was indeed useful to know few facts from your experience. [ eventhough my thread is hijacked]

- Mamoo