Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Test Questions

Citizenship Test Questions

Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future
Default Citizenship Test Questions

Hi All

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong section but thought it was more Immigration orientated than General.

I have searched on this topic and found many threads on Citizenship Applications but not the test.

I have booked my test which is in a couple of months time and have been swotting up on the 50 page document available online. Prior to booking the test I did the 5 sample questions and passed.

My question, has anyone sat the Citizenship test and could provide a bit of an insight into the questions asked please? I am assuming as the test caters for non native English speakers, old and young etc, it isnt going to be super tricky but none the less, I would like to ensure I am absorbing the correct quantity of information.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Citizenship Test Questions

Just read the booklet a few times and you should be fine. The test isn't hard and the sample questions on the web are in the format used in the test. We each read through the booklet a few times then completed the test with 100% in a couple of minutes. As with any multi choice test the trick is to ead the question properly, then think of what the answer should be and validate what you though by finding the answer in the choice you have. If you don't know eliminate the ones you know are wrong and take a guess.

The only 3 you have to get right are the ones around rights and responsibilities, of the remaining 17 you need to get 9 right (to give an overall 12 out of 20).
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future

Excellent, thanks for your reply. I have been through uni so am no stranger to study but just useful to know I am on the right track.

Any further info on the rights and responsibilities area please? Is it things like voting and things as a citizen you must obey/abide by?

Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

http://www.aussietest.com/test/index.php
Try this website
good luck
jacqui
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Pobman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s/nurse
http://www.aussietest.com/test/index.php
Try this website
good luck
jacqui
Cheers... got 85% just from general knowledge (and guesswork, I am not sure why anybody really needs to know "How many years did it take to complete the Snowy Mountains hydro-electric power scheme?" but never mind).
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

steve_m is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ulpul
Hi All

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong section but thought it was more Immigration orientated than General.

I have searched on this topic and found many threads on Citizenship Applications but not the test.

I have booked my test which is in a couple of months time and have been swotting up on the 50 page document available online. Prior to booking the test I did the 5 sample questions and passed.

My question, has anyone sat the Citizenship test and could provide a bit of an insight into the questions asked please? I am assuming as the test caters for non native English speakers, old and young etc, it isnt going to be super tricky but none the less, I would like to ensure I am absorbing the correct quantity of information.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks
You're right in your assessment on the difficulty of the test, its a piece of doddle. I did mine just after it was introduced and completed it within 5 minutes. The test is designed to ensure the applicant is familiar with Australian values more than anything else and these are no different from the UK. Read the study guide a couple of times and go for it.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

For those interested, I sat the test on Thursday and got 100%.

There were a number of questions that I only learnt through reading the literature provided online such as the first Australian Prime Minister. There are 200 questions in the pool and 20 selected at random.

It did take about 5 minutes but I went back and read each one again.

I spent probably a month reading the provided literature which may have been overkill but paid off in the end. Most questions were fairly obvious and anyone in doubt should take into account the non English native tongue applicants etc who it has to cater for.

In summary, it isnt hard to pass but you definately need to read the literature first to prepare you.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

s_saletic is an unknown quantity at this point

Test is more than simple. The handbook provided free-of-charge is sufficient and questions are quite easy. No detailing, just things that common sense tells you to remember.

I finished the test in 3 min 07 secs and had 100%
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Maxine07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my OH are taking our test in a few weeks time, will we go in together to sit the test or seperately? And am i right in assuming its a computer based test?

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:43 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maxine07
Me and my OH are taking our test in a few weeks time, will we go in together to sit the test or seperately? And am i right in assuming its a computer based test?

Thanks
Yes its computer based. If you have the same appointment times it means that you go into the office first together and will get interviewed to take scans of paperwork, photos and the like. Then taken into the test room where is a supervised computer multi choice click test. You get told immediately after you have submitted it on screen if you have passed.

Remember to take your citizenship application with you which can be lodged at the same time (if you pass).

Although many questions are common sense, some are designed to trip up a little someone who has not read the resource book. I doubt many people would pass the test without ever reading it and having an awareness of Australian history. But its easy enough.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yes its computer based. If you have the same appointment times it means that you go into the office first together and will get interviewed to take scans of paperwork, photos and the like. Then taken into the test room where is a supervised computer multi choice click test. You get told immediately after you have submitted it on screen if you have passed.

Remember to take your citizenship application with you which can be lodged at the same time (if you pass).

Although many questions are common sense, some are designed to trip up a little someone who has not read the resource book. I doubt many people would pass the test without ever reading it and having an awareness of Australian history. But its easy enough.

Good post, spot on
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

Never looked at a test booklet and got 65% on online test ... Just passed with no swotting up at all ... gonner see how many times I can pass
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

i am a uk citizen with a oz visa now do i have to take the test????
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gerry
i am a uk citizen with a oz visa now do i have to take the test????
When did you arrive as a permanent resident?

For most cases, yes you will have to sit the test however there are several exceptions.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

i havent i am still in the uk!!

got our visas thru last october though....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.