Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

citizenship test in one week!

citizenship test in one week!

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default citizenship test in one week!

Hi all, we have our test in a weeks time....anyone have any good pointers...please also, did anyone take all their bits and bobs and then apply online or is it easier just to post it.
Any info would be gratefully received...

Trish
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: citizenship test in one week!

Originally Posted by jimtrish
Hi all, we have our test in a weeks time....anyone have any good pointers...please also, did anyone take all their bits and bobs and then apply online or is it easier just to post it.

Trish
There's a great website where you can do test runs. You don't get the exact questions but it gives you a good idea what you'll come across. I'll see if I can find it - it's not it on this laptop.

Best way to apply after the test is to take all the completed forms and photos and certified docs with you. Once you pass, just give them to the same person who is dealing with your test and they'll process it immediately and give you your stuff back then. Much quicker, and you don't have to worry about it getting lost in the post.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
There's a great website where you can do test runs. You don't get the exact questions but it gives you a good idea what you'll come across. I'll see if I can find it - it's not it on this laptop.

Best way to apply after the test is to take all the completed forms and photos and certified docs with you. Once you pass, just give them to the same person who is dealing with your test and they'll process it immediately and give you your stuff back then. Much quicker, and you don't have to worry about it getting lost in the post.
Is the website the one on the citizen.gov.au....only they give you the same 5 questions each time
So if we take our pics forms etc that have all been signed by the relevant person, I will only have to do the online one?
sorry, I can apply for a visa and do all that no problem but this.....
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the website the one on the citizen.gov.au....only they give you the same 5 questions each time
So if we take our pics forms etc that have all been signed by the relevant person, I will only have to do the online one?
sorry, I can apply for a visa and do all that no problem but this.....
Bit confused by the online bit If you have all the application forms completed, signed, etc etc and hand them to the person processing you, you don't have to do anything online. You'll just get a letter a few days later saying congrats on passing and then one a few weeks (mine was only a week later) offering you a ceremony date. It's waaaaay easier than the visa nonsense
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Trish

Easier to take all your ID etc and then apply on-line afterwards. It means you don't have to get certified copies and risk them getting lost in the post. Make sure you read the book a few times especially the bits about rights and privileges etc because you can't get any of those questions wrong (3 of them) if you do, you fail even if you get all the others right. If I can get 95% then anyone can!!!!

Best of luck!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Trish
We couldn't take our bits and bobs until we had been here a full 2 years to the date. We sat the test last Dec and in May handed in all the paperwork and paid for everything. Got citizenship last week.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for all your replies..just thought as we had been here 3yrs we should get ourselves sorted
Moneypen, I didn't realise you could just hand it all in with payment details when you sat the test, I knew to take the documents but thought you then had to send the application via post or online
I will make sure we take all the original documents, applications and the photos and take it from there.....back to revision

Thankyou again x
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 6:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Yup, no need for online anything - all done at your DIAC office after passing. Here's the practice test site I was on about. Just register and you can do it again and again and again and........
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 6:28 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all your replies..just thought as we had been here 3yrs we should get ourselves sorted
Moneypen, I didn't realise you could just hand it all in with payment details when you sat the test, I knew to take the documents but thought you then had to send the application via post or online
I will make sure we take all the original documents, applications and the photos and take it from there.....back to revision

Thankyou again x
Sorry Trish but this isn't the case in Townsville as we have to sit the test in the Medicare Office and they don't have the facilities to handle the application there They do scan all your original documents though so yes take everything with you.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by The A Team
Sorry Trish but this isn't the case in Townsville as we have to sit the test in the Medicare Office and they don't have the facilities to handle the application there They do scan all your original documents though so yes take everything with you.
Oh bummer. Obviously didn't know that. Sorry Trish
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The A Team

Okeydokes, no worries will still take it all and then just post it
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yup, no need for online anything - all done at your DIAC office after passing. Here's the practice test site I was on about. Just register and you can do it again and again and again and........

What a brilliant site, thanks for that one
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hiya

Def read the book they provide. We did and we were glad we did.

Some people who have lived in Oz for over 20 years took the test when we did and cos they hadnt revised, failed the test.

Best of LUCK!!
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey, weird question....are you allowed to smile on the pictures for citizenship?...my son just asked and I have no idea?
Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I've no idea. I used one the pics I'd had done for the passport so I wasn't smiling because obviously when you smile, the immigration people at the airport won't recognise the picture as you Not worth trying a smiley picture - you don't want to be turned down because you look happy, do you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.