Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - Possible Delay

Wikiposts

Citizenship - Possible Delay

Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:41 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship - Possible Delay

It appears someone with my wife's (quite unusual) name is wanted in New South Wales. This sort of thing delayed my mate's citizenship application by three months so time will tell how it will affect ours.

I hope my wife han't been a victim of identity theft.

One thing though, the woman at Perth's DIMIA office was pretty tough with the old "responsibilities and priviledges" questions, fortunately we knew them all but I would not have been at all surprised if she had sent us away if we didn't get just about all of them.

And to confirm, the quickest way to citizenship is to take the completed forms in to the DIMIA office in person. We did the online application which has to be about 6 weeks slower.

Last edited by renth; Apr 25th 2005 at 9:44 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship - Possible Delay

Originally Posted by renth
It appears someone with my wife's (quite unusual) name is wanted in New South Wales. This sort of thing delayed my mate's citizenship application by three months so time will tell how it will affect ours.

One thing though, the woman at Perth's DIMIA office was pretty tough with the old "responsibilities and priviledges" questions, fortunately we knew them all but I would not have been at all surprised if she had sent us away if we didn't get just about all of them.

And to confirm, the quickest way to citizenship is to take the completed forms in to the DIMIA office in person. We did the online application which has to be about 6 weeks slower.
Hope it comes through soon. Good luck.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Renth oh my how bad is that.
We filled out the forms, posted them on the Tuesday and they had replied by the following monday, i rang and got an appointment 3 weeks after that. So lets hope either of our name sakes arent wanted .
We have learnt our bits and bobs that are to be asked, hope i dont foget them though on the day, that would be just me that would .
Well hope you dont have to wait to long.
Joanne
Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:17 am
Merlot

Ouch, hope you get sorted soon, I have a friend in the UK who is 6 months down the track with identity theft and still having issues.

It's crap

Good luck
M

Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes there's a lot to be said for doing things the 'old-fashioned' way.

Jeremy
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:34 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

We had the same thing. Mrs Mouse got crim record matches in all states except the territory In the section that said "Have you been known by any other names?" She wrote her maiden surname - which without her firstnames matched tons...

The bloke at our interview made the usual joke that she of course is overqualified for citizenship and I need to do a bank job or something! It only took a few weeks to come back clear and we're now both citizens.

Now, more importantly, which way to Centrelink...
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Hope everything works out ok. It all sounds so simple on the web site ! :scared:
All the best,
Tass.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tass
Hope everything works out ok. It all sounds so simple on the web site ! :scared:
All the best,
Tass.
Compared to getting a PR visa this citizenship thing is a piece of piss.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Compared to getting a PR visa this citizenship thing is a piece of piss.
As long as someone hasn't stolen your name !
Do you really have to recite "Advance Australia Fair ? "
Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:32 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tass
As long as someone hasn't stolen your name !
Do you really have to recite "Advance Australia Fair ? "
Not recite, sing But they do give you the words
Old Apr 26th 2005, 5:16 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Exact same thing with us, got our interview in Feb but someone with wifes maiden name came up as criminal in NSW. Still waiting to get the all clear.

What is it with all these female criminals in NSW.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:18 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Exact same thing with us, got our interview in Feb but someone with wifes maiden name came up as criminal in NSW. Still waiting to get the all clear.

Well since "Prisoner Cell Block H" finished they all got released,,,
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:39 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy

Just another of your naughty fantasies, Bordy....

Anya.

PS: but actually it was where the First Fleet landed, wasn't it...?