Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Official Approval Letter - Help!

Citizenship Official Approval Letter - Help!

Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:57 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship Official Approval Letter - Help!

We had our interview on the 6th of September, and were both approved.
Carl got his official approval letter from an MP about 2 weeks after ....and I've not had mine yet
I phoned DIAC about a week after Carl had got his letter, and was told everything is fine ...but I'm feeling a bit concerned now

This happened to anyone else...or do they really not want me
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Official Approval Letter - Help!

Nah, just making it fair. You got here earlier than Carl so he gets his approval earlier
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:20 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nah, just making it fair. You got here earlier than Carl so he gets his approval earlier
He got his Visa before I did too ...despite me being the main applicant
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
He got his Visa before I did too ...despite me being the main applicant
hmm. Maybe someone is trying to tell you something..
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:24 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by smee
hmm. Maybe someone is trying to tell you something..
Maybe the man that I spoke to after Carl had got his letter was joking..

Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Maybe the man that I spoke to after Carl had got his letter was joking..

Ring again on Monday. I always ask "who am I speaking to" when dealing with anyone on the phone, then they are less likely to give you bull sh!t as you know who they are.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:45 am
kjc
Just Joined

kjc is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife got hers first, then my two kids followed shortly afterwards,we have been citizens now for just over two years,(including myself ) but!!! I'm still waiting for my letter,so if I was you,don't worry,
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Can't blame them for being careful
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

How long does it take to get some sort of acknowledgement / letter or something regarding citizenship applications?

We passed our tests on the 11th, put our application in online on the 14th, the money was taken 16th but not so much as an email to say "thanks we are dealing with you"

Just winds me up that they take the money but dont do anything else (although I should be used to it from DIAC by now!!)
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:55 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

we got ours exactly a week after the interview but the letter was dated the day we did the interview, havent heard anything about our cermony yet but was told it would take up to 6 months we did ours in july.