Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship interview tomorrow

Citizenship interview tomorrow

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship interview tomorrow

We applied for our DIMIA interview back in November and suddenly that day is upon us....
Tomorrow we will be asked all those vital questions - are we crims? do we know the Oz rights and responsibilities? and hopefully will be accepted as ockers.

Feel a bit nervous suddenly!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 3:36 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Citizenship interview tomorrow

don't be nervous, it'll be an anti-climax if you are. it's just a formality.

Originally Posted by Pomster
We applied for our DIMIA interview back in November and suddenly that day is upon us....
Tomorrow we will be asked all those vital questions - are we crims? do we know the Oz rights and responsibilities? and hopefully will be accepted as ockers.

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 3:39 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck with it.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 3:47 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH!!!!!!

I am sure you will be fine...you guys have settled here really well and wont have a prob with the questions.

Dont forget to let us know how you get on.

Hels
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Hels- hopefully this will be cause for celebration.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:37 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Good luck! We have ours two weeks tomorrow and I'm already feeling nervous. Please let us all know how you get on.....
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:38 am
Account Closed

thanks Hels- hopefully this will be cause for celebration.

Well, there is a chance I am gonna be down in Point Cook this weekend!!

Let us know how you get on and perhaps we can arrange something??
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

why oh why are you going to Point Cook? You know they do not let you leave?

If you are up for a drink or three, let me know!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Citizenship interview tomorrow

Had my interview at the local post office. I was just asked if I knew the rights and responsibilities of an australian citizen. My answer was "Yes!" and that was it!!! I think he was in a bit of a hurry - the main thing seemed to be getting all the paperwork copied. Have yet to get a date for ceremony.
Sarah
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys - hope tomorrow goes well.
Does anyone know what you actually have to say in the citizenship ceremony? Just interested at the mo, we have just under a year to go until we are eligible (unless they change the rules).
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:00 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

you can, as i will be doing, choose to say the pledge as an affirmation (not an oath) without the words "under God".

From this time forward, under God,
I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its People,
whose democratic beliefs I share,
whose rights and liberties I respect, and
whose laws I will uphold and obey.

Originally Posted by Larissa
Does anyone know what you actually have to say in the citizenship ceremony? Just interested at the mo, we have just under a year to go until we are eligible (unless they change the rules).
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:16 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Larissa
You don't have to learn it though. Its a bit like a wedding but nstead of the vicar you have the Mayor saying "Repeat after me" . You usually take the oath in groups of 10 so your not up there alone doing it.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Good luck
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best, let us know how it goes

Sue x
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:47 am
Account Closed

LOL....I have your number if I have any difficulties leaving

We are heading to see Ben and Pam from on here who live there. I will check out with them if they are up for drinks and let you know.

But if not we were planning a girlies drinkies night in Melbourne at some stage this month anyway, right????

Perhaps we should set a date?

Hels