Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Interview - Letter already

Citizenship Interview - Letter already

Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship Interview - Letter already

Well we all went for the interview last week on Thursday at 3 pm and yesterday a letter arrived advising that daughter had been successful No news on OH yet - maybe that will come today. I am still waiting on the one document from the UK so mine will take longer I suppose.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:01 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Citizenship Interview - Letter already

Originally Posted by sasbear
Well we all went for the interview last week on Thursday at 3 pm and yesterday a letter arrived advising that daughter had been successful No news on OH yet - maybe that will come today. I am still waiting on the one document from the UK so mine will take longer I suppose.
I got my letter within the week, my OHs took 2 month.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I got my letter within the week, my OHs took 2 month.

mmmm - wonder why
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:07 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmm - wonder why

went for ours seems like ages ago now at least 2 month and we havent heard a thing
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:36 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

mmmm - wonder why
Was because someone with her maiden name was a criminal in NSW. Seemingly took them 2 months to work out it wasn't her.

Seems bureaucrats all over the world are similar.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Was because someone with her maiden name was a criminal in NSW. Seemingly took them 2 months to work out it wasn't her.

Seems bureaucrats all over the world are similar.
Mom got refused her ETA visa as there was someone with her name already travelling on one from Canada. She had to go through loads of extra admin to prove who she was which really worried her at the time . She does have 2 middle names so I suppose the chances of someone having the same name and travelling to Aus from Canada when she would be travelling from the USA are less than for some people but it did seem a bit over the top. I told her it was because she was a Kelly so it was the Irish name that they flagged up . Now we will wait to see if she has the same trouble when she heads over in January.
Nicky
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Beermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really nice

I was told during my interview that my citizenship was approved (DIMIA office on the Gold Coast), and the confirmatory letter arrived a week later.

Its a long wait to the day you qualify for citizenship, and then a short delay to that interview, but after that, everything seems to happen real quick!

Here is my timeline:

June 2001 ** lodged spouse visa application
Nov 2001 ** Received provisional visa
June 2003 ** Received permanent visa
Mar 2006 ** Finally qualified for citizenship (spent lots of time outside Au)
April 2006 ** Interview
June 2006 ** 1st invite for ceremony: had to postpone
Aug 2006 ** 2nd invite for ceremony: had to postpone
27 Sept 2006 ** Attended ceremony
6 Oct 2006 ** lodged passport application at high commission in Singapore
16 Oct 2006 ** Phoned by High Commission: passport ready for collection

Best of luck with your citizenship: its not long now till you will be looking for a place to plant your complimentary native plant!

Last edited by Beermonster; Oct 17th 2006 at 2:21 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beermonster
I was told during my interview that my citizenship was approved (DIMIA office on the Gold Coast), and the confirmatory letter arrived a week later.

Its a long wait to the day you qualify for citizenship, and then a short delay to that interview, but after that, everything seems to happen real quick!

Here is my timeline:

June 2001 ** lodged spouse visa application
Nov 2001 ** Received provisional visa
June 2003 ** Received permanent visa
Mar 2006 ** Finally qualified for citizenship (spent lots of time outside Au)
April 2006 ** Interview
June 2006 ** 1st invite for ceremony: had to postpone
Aug 2006 ** 2nd invite for ceremony: had to postpone
27 Sept 2006 ** Attended ceremony
6 Oct 2006 ** lodged passport application at high commission in Singapore
16 Oct 2006 ** Phoned by High Commission: passport ready for collection

Best of luck with your citizenship: its not long now till you will be looking for a place to plant your complimentary native plant!
I applied for citizenship a few days ago and have been given an interview date in November (I was amazed at how quickly they got back to me, very efficient) What actually happens at the interview? How long does it take? I understand that you have to prepare and take the required documents, but do they ask you anything outside of what you might be expecting?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:42 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
I applied for citizenship a few days ago and have been given an interview date in November (I was amazed at how quickly they got back to me, very efficient) What actually happens at the interview? How long does it take? I understand that you have to prepare and take the required documents, but do they ask you anything outside of what you might be expecting?
You need to learn your responsibilities & priviligies.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/becomi...y-should-i.htm