Reload this Page >

citizenship interview advice

citizenship interview advice

Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough
Smile citizenship interview advice

Hello
My hubby and i am going in for our citizenship interview next week, we applied online and under the old rules which means we do not have to sit a test, i would just like to know if i have missed anything of the list that i need to take with us, i have filled out form 1195 which is the Proof of identity for applications made online, (one for each of us and two children) and got them signed, also taking birth certificates, marriage certs, driving lience, passports, and signed photos, please let me know if there is anything else, also do we need to take in copies of the application we made online.
thankyou for any advice you can give me.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:25 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: citizenship interview advice

Originally Posted by andyaldy
Hello
My hubby and i am going in for our citizenship interview next week, we applied online and under the old rules which means we do not have to sit a test, i would just like to know if i have missed anything of the list that i need to take with us, i have filled out form 1195 which is the Proof of identity for applications made online, (one for each of us and two children) and got them signed, also taking birth certificates, marriage certs, driving lience, passports, and signed photos, please let me know if there is anything else, also do we need to take in copies of the application we made online.
thankyou for any advice you can give me.
We have ours tomorrow (we applied before the tests came in too) on the Gold Coast. We couldn't get an interview in Brisbane until January! We've got all the same stuff as you so I hope that's all good too. I'll let you know tomorrow night.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

hi
thankyou for the info, is the only form you are taking is the stat dec form 1195, or do you take a print outof the online application in, good luck with yours i am sure it will run smooth.
thanks
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:37 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

hi
thankyou for the info, is the only form you are taking is the stat dec form 1195, or do you take a print outof the online application in, good luck with yours i am sure it will run smooth.
thanks
We've got the 1195 and printouts of the info they sent in an email (mainly for our own reference I think). The 1195 plus all the signed docs should be enough we hope!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

when you say the form 1195 and all the signed docs, which docs do you mean, they only form we have had signed is the 1195 form and photos, should i have more
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:47 am
What's happening dudes?

when you say the form 1195 and all the signed docs, which docs do you mean, they only form we have had signed is the 1195 form and photos, should i have more
You need certified copies of your birth certs, marriage cert, etc. That's what I meant.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Hi
thanks for that i was just taking the original ones in for them to look at, so its just copies of birth and marriage certificates, passports do not have to be copied and certifed, i have just read through the form sent from the post office and it just says to bring in birth certificates etc nothing about them beings certified, but i will get them done to be sure. Thankyou for letting me know
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:55 am
What's happening dudes?

Hi
thanks for that i was just taking the original ones in for them to look at, so its just copies of birth and marriage certificates, passports do not have to be copied and certifed, i have just read through the form sent from the post office and it just says to bring in birth certificates etc nothing about them beings certified, but i will get them done to be sure. Thankyou for letting me know
Actually I've just re-read our info and it looks like you're right, just bring the originals not copies. Only your photo has to be signed. Oh well, better to have too much stuff than not enough!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

yes i will get mine signed just in case i get someone picky, good luck with your, please let me know how you get on
thanks
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:30 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i will get mine signed just in case i get someone picky, good luck with your, please let me know how you get on
thanks
They need to see the originals...they will then copy the docs and return the originals to yourself
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:30 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Actually I've just re-read our info and it looks like you're right, just bring the originals not copies. Only your photo has to be signed. Oh well, better to have too much stuff than not enough!
Good Luck tomorrow guys xx
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:31 am
What's happening dudes?

Well that was easy! We had certified copies of all our docs (and also took the originals) but the nice lady said she only needed the originals and she would have made her own copies but thanked us for saving her a job

She put a copy of the rights and responsibilities in front of us and gave us a couple of minutes to memorise them before asking us 2 rights and 2 responsibilities each. Mrs M got a bit flustered and the lady even helped her out. We signed a couple of forms and waited for her to enter everything in the computer then she said "that's it, you're approved". We were actually walking out of the office before the time we had booked for the interview

It couldn't have been any easier and she reckons we should be good for our ceremony on Australia Day in Brisbane, which is exactly what we wanted. Apparently they prefer iuf you have your ceremony within 12 weeks of interview.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations i am glad to hear it was straight forward, did you need to take a copy of the application you filled out online (thats if you did yours online) only asking this as i have printed out my hubby's but i can not find mine, nowhere in the paperwork says to bring it but i thought i should ask.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:12 am
What's happening dudes?

Congratulations i am glad to hear it was straight forward, did you need to take a copy of the application you filled out online (thats if you did yours online) only asking this as i have printed out my hubby's but i can not find mine, nowhere in the paperwork says to bring it but i thought i should ask.
No I didn't. When Mrs M phoned to make the interview, they emailed through some more info and we took copies of this because it had a reference number on but I don't think they even looked at it.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

carlos1340 is an unknown quantity at this point

had our interview today, at Cleveland, and NO, you don't need to take the on-line application......the lady at the post Office had ours there already.... our ceremony is also going to be Australia Day..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.