Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Interview.......................

Citizenship Interview.......................

Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:20 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship Interview.......................

.....................all done and dusted and everything in order..................and we have been good and got to know the priviledges and responsibilities...did she ask us any.....................did she buggery.........we were right pissed at that lmao

Now just need to wait the 3 months for ceremony, probs be on Australia Day 2007
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:23 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Citizenship Interview.......................

Originally Posted by biggy
.....................all done and dusted and everything in order..................and we have been good and got to know the priviledges and responsibilities...did she ask us any.....................did she buggery.........we were right pissed at that lmao

Congrats!
Just think if you hadn't learnt the stuff, then they would have asked you. Murphy's Law or something.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by gedge
Congrats!
Just think if you hadn't learnt the stuff, then they would have asked you. Murphy's Law or something.
aye a know....I said to her come on ask me ask me....she just laughed the witch lol
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:32 am

gedge has disabled reputation

aye a know....I said to her come on ask me ask me....she just laughed the witch lol
are you sure it was your citizenship interview?
you weren't just at the checkout in woolies?
they get all sorts you know
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:36 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one H

Has it gone to 3 years yet?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by gedge
are you sure it was your citizenship interview?
you weren't just at the checkout in woolies?
they get all sorts you know

lmao nope we were definately in the staff room/kitchen of the post office lol
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by fraser
Nice one H

nope not yet mate
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by fraser
Nice one H

Terminology has been changed in the new Act from the 'grant of citizenship' to 'citizenship by conferral'.

There are a number of other changes to the provisions for citizenship by conferral, including an extension of the residence requirement from 2 to 3 years.

Timing of changes
The commencement date for the new legislation is subject to its passage through Parliament.

However, 26 January 2007 is being used by the department for planning purposes.

The changes will affect all applications for Australian citizenship made on and after the date the new legislation commences

source
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:57 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Great news !!!!!! glad it all went smoothly
so what did she actually ask you then ?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Great news !!!!!! glad it all went smoothly
so what did she actually ask you then ?
not a lot lol, she just went through all the forms, took copies of birth certs etc and asked us if we knew the privilegdes and responsibilities of becoming an Aussie citizen and we said yes.....dat was it
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:06 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

not a lot lol, she just went through all the forms, took copies of birth certs etc and asked us if we knew the privilegdes and responsibilities of becoming an Aussie citizen and we said yes.....dat was it
LOL was that it ????? I would have though you'd have got grilled and asked to say all you responsibilities in perfect word order
seriously though, thats great news, bet you feel good now !!!!!!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
LOL was that it ????? I would have though you'd have got grilled and asked to say all you responsibilities in perfect word order
seriously though, thats great news, bet you feel good now !!!!!!

we had them learned word for friggin word lol....and yup feels good....pity Mr Biggy had to go to work or we may have ended up in the pub lol
Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:20 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:57 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

we had them learned word for friggin word lol....and yup feels good....pity Mr Biggy had to go to work or we may have ended up in the pub lol
How about this?
Mrs Scossie & I were in wee dookits next to each other for our interviews.
The person I had asked me if I knew all the rights and privileges. I said that I did, & was then asked to rhyme them all off one by one.

I overheard Mrs S's interview. The guy asked her, "Do you know all the rights & privileges?"
She said, "Yes."
He said, "That's fine"..... End of interview!!

I think it's just who you get on the day, and if they can be bothered asking you!

BTW, we did go to the pub afterwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.