Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship documents..

Citizenship documents..

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship documents..

I am just about to submit after passing the test...
BUT it says I need to submit origonals AND certified copies?! Am I reading this wrong or is this the case (and if so what a waste of time!)
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:22 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship documents..

Originally Posted by hevs View Post
BUT it says I need to submit origonals AND certified copies?! Am I reading this wrong or is this the case (and if so what a waste of time!)
Thanks in advance
Looks like thats what they want, according to the application form. Hopefully someone thats applied will verify it........It does say you don't need to provide them again if you took them when you sat the test, though - did you do that?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
They scanned my documents in when I went for the test, so I didn't need to resend those. I did need to send the kids original certificates though! I took them down to the office myself and they scanned them in ( I hate having to send away originals!)

Well done on passing the test by the way! You got a date quite quickly! I finally got my passport - it was delayed cos they needed new photos!

Ruth
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
They scanned my documents in when I went for the test, so I didn't need to resend those. I did need to send the kids original certificates though! I took them down to the office myself and they scanned them in ( I hate having to send away originals!)

Well done on passing the test by the way! You got a date quite quickly! I finally got my passport - it was delayed cos they needed new photos!

Ruth
Ruth,
How long did it take for your citizenship application to be processed?

Thanks
Madhu
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:45 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I passed with 100%
They did my passport but not my birth cert (even though I'd spent the night before turning the hose upside down for hours )
I'm worried about sending off the copies AND origonals...And whats the point?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:50 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Ruth? Was that ok?
I just called them and the woman seemed a bit vauge- she said hmmm, just send them copies and if they need to they'll get back to you....

I'm woried we'll not get them in time. The RVV visa is going up DOUBLE! to $280 at the end of the month! Decisions decisions...
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:50 am
High in the Dandenongs

Stupid question number 76?
Where do I send them? Just my local office? If so thats Dandenong, which means its a 15 min drive so I'm gonna drive everything in AND ASK!

You would never believe..100% would'ya
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvt550 View Post
Ruth,
How long did it take for your citizenship application to be processed?

Thanks
Madhu
It took about a month to get the approval letter, then another 3 months to get a ceremony.

Stupid question number 76?
Where do I send them? Just my local office? If so thats Dandenong, which means its a 15 min drive so I'm gonna drive everything in AND ASK!

You would never believe..100% would'ya
Well done! I would take it all to the local office (the originals), they can scan them in there for you. I wouldn't want to send off original documents! I think you can fast track the passport application (for a fee!) - I didn't cos we're not going anywhere. Fingers crossed you don't have a long wait for a ceremony in your area.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
It took about a month to get the approval letter, then another 3 months to get a ceremony.
Thanks very much!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

ok...
If you are leaving the country and you have been here for 5 years or more and are still on a UK passport you will need an RVV visa. Until the 5th of July they are $120. After that they are going up to a MASSIVE $280.

Heads up to anyone who need it

I went to the Dandenong office waited about 5 mins. Saw a nice lady who checked my docs and then said it was all in order.

Told her I was in a hurry as I'm leaving the country in Oct and don't want to have to apply for a new British passport as its running out in August.

She gave me a form to fax off today that requests an urgent ceremony date.
She sadi as I had been in that I would be processed much quicker and if needed I could go to the Dandenong office as they do "emergency" ceremonys once a month

Once I've done the ceromy my passport should take 2 weeks!

Yipppeee, thats minus 3 RVV visa for us (and the Aussie passports are cheaper too)
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ok...
I went to the Dandenong office waited about 5 mins. Saw a nice lady who checked my docs and then said it was all in order.

Told her I was in a hurry as I'm leaving the country in Oct and don't want to have to apply for a new British passport as its running out in August.

She gave me a form to fax off today that requests an urgent ceremony date.
She sadi as I had been in that I would be processed much quicker and if needed I could go to the Dandenong office as they do "emergency" ceremonys once a month

Once I've done the ceromy my passport should take 2 weeks!

Yipppeee, thats minus 3 RVV visa for us (and the Aussie passports are cheaper too)

That's great news! Sounds like you should be able to get it all sorted in time then
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

YAY!!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:52 pm
High in the Dandenongs

I've been approved!

Got the letter in the mail today. DIAC! I'm impressed
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:53 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

I've been approved!

Fantastic news.....

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:46 am
Just Joined

nhkha2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been approved!

Congrats! I went to the Dandenong Office to submit my citizenship application. Going by your timeline, should hear something within a week to ten days. Did you get a date for the ceremony as yet?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.