Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship by Descent

Citizenship by Descent

Old Sep 9th 2005, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: UK to Crete, Back to UK and moved to Perth in March 2006 - yippee! Loving it!!!
adenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud of
Default Citizenship by Descent

We have applied for our daughter to receive her Citizenship by Descent papers so that we can then apply for her Australian Passport. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the descent papers to be granted please.

These papers were sent into the London Office. We enclosed a 'Special Delivery prepaid envelope' and are just waiting now. We can't lodge for my husbands Australian Passport or our daughters passport until these papers are back. We will then get the Australian passports for both and then we can get on with applying for my migration - down the spouse migration route.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship by Descent

We did our girls' last year and it took under a fortnight. Then the application for their passports took about another fortnight I think. Certainly wasn't long.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:14 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We did our girls' last year and it took under a fortnight. Then the application for their passports took about another fortnight I think. Certainly wasn't long.

Hi Pen, you well ?
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Hi Pen, you well ?
Good thanks Ben. Had a panic wobble yesterday re: what the hell are we doing and why but am over that now. Should exchange next week so will have to pull my finger out organising things. Make lots of lists and lose them all - that sort of thing.

How's you and yours?
Old Sep 9th 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

We did both our kids - one born in France, the other Japan, through the embassy in Tokyo and the turnaround was much the same, if not quicker!
Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Location: UK to Crete, Back to UK and moved to Perth in March 2006 - yippee! Loving it!!!
adenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud of

Hi Moneypen,
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Should be anyday now then! I'm so anxious to get this first hurdle out of the way that every day I nearly accost the postman!!! Don't want that to go down on the police checks now do I?!?!?
Let's hope our daughters papers come through soon.