Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - Brisbane

Citizenship - Brisbane

Old Apr 28th 2006, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough
Default Citizenship - Brisbane

We have just applied. Has any one got recent experience in applying in the Brisbane area ? If so, how long did it take to get an interview and subsequent ceremony ?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Citizenship - Brisbane

Originally Posted by surfdude
We have just applied. Has any one got recent experience in applying in the Brisbane area ? If so, how long did it take to get an interview and subsequent ceremony ?
The interview was quick, I think within a month from application. The ceremony was a bit longer at 3 months after the interview, but that depends on when the next scheduled ceremony with available spaces is. Even though my interview was in early January I didn't get on the Australia Day ceremony and had to wait till the end of March. There were over 600 new citizens at the ceremony which lasted 2 hours at city hall.

Papa Z
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Zentack
The interview was quick, I think within a month from application. The ceremony was a bit longer at 3 months after the interview, but that depends on when the next scheduled ceremony with available spaces is. Even though my interview was in early January I didn't get on the Australia Day ceremony and had to wait till the end of March. There were over 600 new citizens at the ceremony which lasted 2 hours at city hall.

Papa Z
Thanks for the reply - wish us luck !
SD
Old Apr 29th 2006, 7:27 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surfdude
Thanks for the reply - wish us luck !
SD

Good luck guys...

Cheers

Ginny
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:59 am
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Citizenship - Brisbane

Papa Z

Zentack What was your interview about, what sort of questions etc .
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pike
I did my interview on the Gold Coast a couple of weeks back, and the only question I was asked was "How are you going to pay for this today?"

I was not asked about responsibilities or privilidges, still, I did have the email with the appointment (and these answers) right in front of me
Old May 1st 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pike
Yes they did ask me to detail the benefits and responsibilities of being an Oz Cit, but with some minor prompting I got them all right (all the answers are on Cit website). Now I just need to figure out which is first, fight, jury or vote? Surely they don't need a one eyed ex-leper like me to protect us from the barbarian hordes?

Surfdude, should be a breeze for you guys, but best of luck anyway!! Forgot to mention that my ceremony was on a Monday night at 7pm, AND you're told to be their 45 minutes before hand!? Thought this was weird as most of Queensland is tucked up in bed by 9pm, something to do with the doona fading.

Cheers

Papa Z
Old May 1st 2006, 10:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought this was weird as most of Queensland is tucked up in bed by 9pm, something to do with the doona fading.

Cheers

Papa Z
PMSL, Karma for that