Reload this Page >

citizenship application processing

citizenship application processing

Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

bilal154 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default citizenship application processing

Dear all forum members

Just want to ask a few questions that how long currently it is taking to process the application for citizenship in dandenong area in melbourne (if any one has gone through that area)and is it like that if u apply to local office, its decided by that office or goes in the central processing like the immigration application do
and one more question is that in the application form there is a question about previous country of residence should i put it the country whose passport i hold or where i was residing when i got my P.R as i was in europe at that ime and since then i have been to my home country and austalia during last 3 yrs

I will b thankful

cheers
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

pontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant future
Default Re: citizenship application processing

Good news
I applied in mid Dec and was approved Dec 31 in Dandenong office.

Less good news
No sign of ceremony yet
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bilal154
and one more question is that in the application form there is a question about previous country of residence should i put it the country whose passport i hold or where i was residing when i got my P.R as i was in europe at that ime and since then i have been to my home country and austalia during last 3 yrs

I will b thankful

cheers
Nothing to do with your current passport. Where did you live prior to moving to Aus? Put that.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

123vi is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear forum members

Just want to ask that, how long currently it is taking to process the application for citizenship in dandenong area in melbourne
Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

pontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant futurepontings gone has a brilliant future

I'm still waiting for the ceremony. It's been 3 months to the day since I was approved at Dandenong.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:31 am
Just Joined

thanks mate,
how long do they take to approve the application at dandenong
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

UaAu is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is my wife's time:

04/03/09-Test passed

06/03/09 -application submitted in person Dandenong Office (form 1300t), took about 10-15 minutes for an officer to put everything into their computer.

11/03/09 letter of approval received, dated 06/03/09

30/03/09 Invitation to ceremony received, ceremony 23/04/09, city of Casey
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

bilal154 is an unknown quantity at this point

can someone request the DIAC to arrange the ceremony in a different council then local(which is put in the aplication form)

cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:42 am
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of

Just another quick question about this. Am I right in thinking that Dept Immigration do a police check on you before approving citizenship? I'm not worried about what they will find but just curious about how they can approve an application immediately if the check needs to be done?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LCT
Just another quick question about this. Am I right in thinking that Dept Immigration do a police check on you before approving citizenship? I'm not worried about what they will find but just curious about how they can approve an application immediately if the check needs to be done?
They normally do Australian police checks directly (and quickly, as long as there is no "match").
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:45 am

GSNR will become famous soon enoughGSNR will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

My hubby and I took our citizenship applications into the DIAC office this morning (we had an appointment for this), the gentleman processed the applications while we waited, he was able to do the police checks there and then. My husband was approved, but my name matched somebody else's name that has commited an offence, I am deeply upset by this, as I have never commited any offences in my entire life. He said I will have to wait a few weeks for them to do more investigating. Has anybody else ever had this experience?

Thanks
Shelley
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GSNR
Hi there,

My hubby and I took our citizenship applications into the DIAC office this morning (we had an appointment for this), the gentleman processed the applications while we waited, he was able to do the police checks there and then. My husband was approved, but my name matched somebody else's name that has commited an offence, I am deeply upset by this, as I have never commited any offences in my entire life. He said I will have to wait a few weeks for them to do more investigating. Has anybody else ever had this experience?

Thanks
Shelley
Answered on your other thread here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601553
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:00 am

GSNR will become famous soon enoughGSNR will become famous soon enough

Thank you very much!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GSNR
Thank you very much!!!
No probs
Theres wa someone else on here a while back with exactly the same issue, but I haven't found the thread yet! Hang in there, it'll come out right in the end

Not quite the thread I was looking for, but an interesting one from the past anyway!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4646452

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 3rd 2009 at 11:07 am.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Forum members ,
Can any one tell how much is ceremony waitin time in dandenong council after the approval of citizenship if some one has recently attended the citizenship ceremony and or when is the next upcoming ceremony date

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.