CITIZENSHIP

Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough
Default CITIZENSHIP

Hi all,

we have been in Australia for 2 years now and we are about to apply for citizenship. We have just one question, our 4 kids who came with us.... will they also become citizens then or do they have to wait until 18? Is this automaticcitizenship when it happens for us??

Any answers would be great thanks
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CITIZENSHIP

Automatic for them when you get yours.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Automatic for them when you get yours.
If they are 16 or over they have to apply with you and pay the fee, under 16 is automatic. At least that what it was before the test was introduced.

Jo
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samjam
Hi all,

we have been in Australia for 2 years now and we are about to apply for citizenship. We have just one question, our 4 kids who came with us.... will they also become citizens then or do they have to wait until 18? Is this automaticcitizenship when it happens for us??

Any answers would be great thanks
When you've done the test you can then put in the application for citizenship. Children have to be put on one of the parents applications - only the adults pay the fee ($240 each)
Just sent mine in yesterday!

Good luck
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:39 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
When you've done the test you can then put in the application for citizenship. Children have to be put on one of the parents applications - only the adults pay the fee ($240 each)
Just sent mine in yesterday!

Good luck
Are you sure about this pootle? We only paid 120 each for our application - but that was before the change. Did this go up as well as the intro of the test?

Shirley
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Are you sure about this pootle? We only paid 120 each for our application - but that was before the change. Did this go up as well as the intro of the test?
Yes, fee is $240 per adult now.

All info by the way (including a copy of the booklet to pass the test) is here: www.citizenship.gov.au

Gina
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Shirley
Yep - afraid so! They've doubled the price of the application at the same time as the introduction of the test! I've just paid $240 for just my (and the kids) application..
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:01 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - afraid so! They've doubled the price of the application at the same time as the introduction of the test! I've just paid $240 for just my (and the kids) application..
Blimey , I am glad we got ours in when we did then.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

just wondering if you have to be a pr before you can apply for citizenship or do you just have to be in the country for 2 years?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

http://www.citizenship.gov.au
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suart
just wondering if you have to be a pr before you can apply for citizenship or do you just have to be in the country for 2 years?
You need to be a permanent resident to apply for citizenship.
Also, since the rules changed in July, you need to have lived in Australia for 4 years.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:59 am
Where I want to be

Also, since the rules changed in July, you need to have lived in Australia for 4 years.
Unless, like me and oh, you have served in the forces and then you can apply early!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry - meant to say this is for people who arrived in Aus after July, those that were here previously only need to do the 2 years.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Unless, like me and oh, you have served in the forces and then you can apply early!

How early do you get to apply then?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:06 am
Where I want to be

How early do you get to apply then?
After 3 months mate. We only found out because Steve's company want him to do government work, which he can't do without being a citizen. So they consulted an immigration lawyer who found out about it and so we applied. Not heard anything yet though.

Although there is a bit on the form about someone who has known you for at least 12 months they waive that too - which is only common sense if they let you apply after 3 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.