Reload this Page >

Cisco Network Engineer

Cisco Network Engineer

Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Lesley Chow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cisco Network Engineer

Hey guys!

How is the market over there for Network Engineers? I am have just turned 31 and looking to get the hell out of the UK. Single with no kids so is the time as they say

I have already researched the visa etc and unfortunately just missed the working holiday by 1 month so will need to go down another road.

I am just looking for advice and opinion on how easy it is to score an IT job over there with CCNP qualification, degree in Networking, and experience under my belt.

Thanks all!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:50 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cisco Network Engineer

Originally Posted by Lesley Chow
Hey guys!

How is the market over there for Network Engineers? I am have just turned 31 and looking to get the hell out of the UK. Single with no kids so is the time as they say

I have already researched the visa etc and unfortunately just missed the working holiday by 1 month so will need to go down another road.

I am just looking for advice and opinion on how easy it is to score an IT job over there with CCNP qualification, degree in Networking, and experience under my belt.

Thanks all!
Hi Lesley

This is my industry - I work for IBM and am currently based at the NBN office.

NBN is hiring in your market, but that may all change if we have a change of Federal government in September. Other companies to try are - Logicalis, IBM, Telstra, Bytecraft, IMI, Alpha West.

I reckon you will be OK, but for the best choice of opportunities head for Melbourne or Sydney.

For visa assistance contact Peter Chiam at www.ptlabs.com.au - he is a migration agent specializing in IT.

BB
Old May 1st 2013, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, I work in IT as well. There is a lot of work in perth which is where I am based at the minute, you would have no problems finding something. Check out seek.com.au
The salarys will look 2 or 3 times more than the uk equivalent but keep in mind that the living costs are higher
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

wallpaper_01 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is great, I am in the same position as the OP with qualifications, was thinking about Perth too! I am 27 and thinking of coming before 30 to get that holiday visa.