Ciggies

Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

DONBEN is on a distinguished road
Default Ciggies

ANY TIPS ON SURVIVING THE FLIGHT TO OZ WITHOUT A CIG IM DREADING IT COULD DO WITH KNOCKOUT DROPS BEFORE THE FLIGHT :scared:
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ciggies

Originally Posted by DONBEN
ANY TIPS ON SURVIVING THE FLIGHT TO OZ WITHOUT A CIG IM DREADING IT COULD DO WITH KNOCKOUT DROPS BEFORE THE FLIGHT :scared:
What about going with Japan Airlines? You can smoke on their flights - or at least some certainly !
Cas - a fellow smoker and nurse - who says the two don't go together? - it's almost the law in MH nursing
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:34 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I'm a pretty heavy smoker, but I really dont usually think of them on a plane and if I do there isn't much you can do about it so you soon forget.

A friend of mine takes one of the nicotinelle (or what ever they are called) sucky things so he still gets his nicotine hit. Personally wouldn't want to be seen with a fake fag but if your really worried take one and if you feel the need you can give it a go.

Kala
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:37 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
What about going with Japan Airlines? You can smoke on their flights - or at least some certainly !
Cas - a fellow smoker and nurse - who says the two don't go together? - it's almost the law in MH nursing
Oh even as a smoker I am glad they banned it on planes, the back of the plane always stunk and people were always hanging around trying to cadge a seat of someone. (admitadly I did it too but it really asn't the most enjoyable cigarette of my life)

my suggestion is have a few of these and do this
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kala
Oh even as a smoker I am glad they banned it on planes, the back of the plane always stunk and people were always hanging around trying to cadge a seat of someone. (admitadly I did it too but it really asn't the most enjoyable cigarette of my life)

my suggestion is have a few of these and do this
Very true - like being on the back seat of the last bus going home after clubbing all night - those were the days !!!
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I am about to become an ex smoker today, but i find that whenever i travel on a plane the thought have having one never enters my head. For some reason, because i know it just isnt gonna happen i dont want one. I shall be dwelling on this point a lot in the next few weeks to help me stop the habit. Its all psychological. If i can sit for 12hrs on a plane and not want one, why cant i sit in my car, house, pub and back yard and not want one? ... all in the mind.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

miss carol is an unknown quantity at this point

Go for nicotine patches, they do help. i found this out in my lame attempt to give up when they didn't fall off! Trouble for me was that i was travelling in hot countries at the time and they don't stick to good in 40 degree heat and your sweating like a b***ard! So unless the fear of flying makes you sweat alot you should be grand!
Good luck
Carol x

p.s beware, the 1st 20 mins or so when you put them on it's mega itchy
Old Oct 4th 2004, 10:04 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

I have always found that the 24 hr patch works fine for me, the last thing you want on a plane is too lose your rag because you can't have a ciggie. Trust me I travelled to Oz this year with a 3 year old and the patch kept me very calm.

Mind you couldn't wait to find the smokers room in Dubai Airport.

Crazy, when you know you can't have one you except it, when you think there is the slightest possibility I am a woman possessed. The worst thing was when the toddler insisted on coming to the smoking room with me, then I was beginning to lose my cool. Bless her.

Podgypossum good luck. This is something I am seriously thinking about. I know it is so antisocial these days, why do we bother.

Julia
Old Oct 4th 2004, 10:37 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I went for those inhaling things, still got them in the house. On landing at Singapore, the plan was late and was being turned around in 30mins for onward flight to Sydney. Just had enough time to run the length of the airport and find the outside smoking area and then run back...
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Thanks Springo...

havent smoked for 2 whole hrs now....what a star!!!!!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Perhaps you could write down all things you want to do with the rest of your already shortened (and constantly shortening life). Maybe you could write letters to those who will miss you should smoking be your eventual downfall!!!

Sorry to sound so arsey and nasty, but having lost a father and grandfather within 10 months, both smokers, both to lung cancer, I will attempt ANY shock and awe tactics to persuade others to stop smoking!!!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future

I wore a nicorette patch on the flight over to here and even when we stopped at Singapore on route I wasn't tempted to light up. I currently smoke 20 a day. Good luck!!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:27 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Thanks Springo...

havent smoked for 2 whole hrs now....what a star!!!!!
Good on you PP. Andrew is/was a 30-40 a day smoker but was told by his DR that he had to at least try and give up else she would write it on his medical report. He has been on the patches nearly 2 weeks now and is doing really well. He has just 1 at the end of the day to wind down. Me on the other hand only smoked between 5 and 10 a day was very ill on the patches so have swapped to the lozengers. Not doing very well, keep sneaking a puff when he's not around. I will get better though, lol. Good luck PP.
Sarah
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:18 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by darkless
Perhaps you could write down all things you want to do with the rest of your already shortened (and constantly shortening life). Maybe you could write letters to those who will miss you should smoking be your eventual downfall!!!

Sorry to sound so arsey and nasty, but having lost a father and grandfather within 10 months, both smokers, both to lung cancer, I will attempt ANY shock and awe tactics to persuade others to stop smoking!!!
The sooner its banned in public places the better, at least in Australia oit is frowned upon in most places

Paul J