Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas trees and decorations??

Christmas trees and decorations??

Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

anna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura about
Default Christmas trees and decorations??

We are hoping to emigrate to Australia later this year. I have packed the christmas decs away but looking at the real-Christmas tree holder it will need a serious clean to get rid of all the plant material in the base. Does anyone know whether real trees are an option in Oz. dont want to clean it and then throw it!! would value any suggestions. Thanks. What have people done about decorations too. I have heard that some people have not taken any but others have.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Christmas trees and decorations??

Originally Posted by anna collins
We are hoping to emigrate to Australia later this year. I have packed the christmas decs away but looking at the real-Christmas tree holder it will need a serious clean to get rid of all the plant material in the base. Does anyone know whether real trees are an option in Oz. dont want to clean it and then throw it!! would value any suggestions. Thanks. What have people done about decorations too. I have heard that some people have not taken any but others have.
My family in Australia have a real Christmas tree every year. They are readily available.
I'm not sure how you are going on space/weight but I would probably throw out your Christmas decorations and hang on to any that have sentimental value.

Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie30
My family in Australia have a real Christmas tree every year. They are readily available.
I'm not sure how you are going on space/weight but I would probably throw out your Christmas decorations and hang on to any that have sentimental value.

Just make sure you haven't got any decorated fir cones amongst them
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:44 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

we moved in the middle of the year when we came and so when we packed it didnt occur to me to check the xmas decs as they were lready boxed up. when our container arrived, we had to have one of our bicycles cleaned (odd as it had been jetwashed b4 we left and was prob cleanest item in container) but no mention of probs with our xmas decs-they clearly hadnt checked the boxes as it contained huge amount of banned stuff (oops) like fir cones etc
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I'd say bring everything that is allowed and is clean.

I found baubles and tree decorations to be quite expensive for anything decent and not chavvy looking.

Just don't have anything like pine cones, twigs or berries.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

People often have real trees here, so you can give the base a good clean and bring it on down!!

Love

Rudi
x