Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas Tree.........Pine Cones Removed!!

Christmas Tree.........Pine Cones Removed!!

Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:04 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christmas Tree.........Pine Cones Removed!!

Hi

While I was taking my tree down last night, I have removed every single bl**dy pine cone (1 on each branch)......

Will the tree be ok to pack now or would it be more advisable to pass the tree on to family and get a new one in oz?

Thanks

Louise
Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Tree.........Pine Cones Removed!!

Originally Posted by louise
Hi

While I was taking my tree down last night, I have removed every single bl**dy pine cone (1 on each branch)......

Will the tree be ok to pack now or would it be more advisable to pass the tree on to family and get a new one in oz?

Thanks

Louise
Hi Louise. We did exactly the same thing just before we came out. We had a beautiful tree with pine cones. decided we definitely wanted to bring it out (eventually!), stripped all the pine cones off, and 2 years later it is still in the in law's attic. We decided it wasn't worth the hassle, so we went out and bought a new one just before xmas.

Gina
Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:19 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Hi

Thanks

Louise
Should be OK :-)
Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:20 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Louise
Who knows, it's in the hands of the gods I'm afraid. Customs cut my pine cones off my tree before they would release it. The rub was they were fake plastic pine cones and not that realistic anyway. Now I have a bare tree.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 11:09 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

oh no!! that's ridiculous isn't it!

We had a tree covered in cones that the kids had painted gold and silver and stripped them all off before we came to NZ, we always meant to get fresh ones here and re-do them. We never did and the old tree still looks just as good under all the tinsel.

Which reminds me - got to take it down tomorrow
Old Jan 6th 2007, 11:27 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your comments.

Think I will take it and hope there are no problems.....quite like the tree.