Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas in oz yet?

Christmas in oz yet?

Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:28 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Christmas in oz yet?

Just wondering if its chrismas over there yet? The aussies always seemed like they were game for some xmas hype so i wondered what time of year it all kicks off over there.

It certainly is xmas here in London and the south east !!!

BHS and several other shops here on oxford street have the decs up, the local garden centre is even playing xmas muzac. Joy.

Tis the season to be jolly, 3 months before it happens apparently ! Seems to get earlier every year.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

tosh cambridge is an unknown quantity at this point

Your right Pete, christmas does get eairlier every year. were off Nov 03 same as you so i think this eairly xmas cheer is just for us as we wont be here, can't help thinking what we'll be doing christmas day in Newcastle but i can hazard a quess...

first thing is our furniture wont arrive until after so hopfully well be set up in furnished, if not we could be sitting on the floor. lol...

my missis (Kathy) will be sheding enough tears to fill the swimming pool missing family. ( if we have a swimming pool )...

Hopfully we have made some friends by then and im not the only shoulder she'll have to cry on...

Do they have xmas trees out there????????

although this time may be a strain hopfully the 2 of us and my daughter can keep it together and have great sunny xmas in aus...

as for your initial question about celebrations in aus... i havent got a clue, but not long now before we find out...

steve and kathy