Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas in Melbourne

Wikiposts

Christmas in Melbourne

Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Christmas in Melbourne

We're off to Melbourne on the 15th Dec.

After a very stressful application.......we've decided to go and not return.
We are at the final stage of Contributory Parent Visa application. Just a Centrelink interview for my daughter, bond and 2nd visa charge to pay.

We hoped to get the PR before now but various missing paperwork etc caused problems. (The phychiatric dept said I'd be ok now if i carry on with the medication )

Our daughter is getting married in Melbourne at Christmas so we've had the flights booked for ages.

Have to leave Aus and go to NZ to get the visa evidenced (if approved :scared: ), fingers crossed there's no last minute problems.

Good luck to everyone

Have a great Christmas.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christmas in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Stewie

We are at the final stage of Contributory Parent Visa application. Just a Centrelink interview for my daughter, bond and 2nd visa charge to pay.

We hoped to get the PR before now but various missing paperwork etc caused problems. (The phychiatric dept said I'd be ok now if i carry on with the medication )

Our daughter is getting married in Melbourne at Christmas so we've had the flights booked for ages.

Have to leave Aus and go to NZ to get the visa evidenced (if approved :scared: ), fingers crossed there's no last minute problems.

Good luck to everyone

Have a great Christmas.
Hi Stewie

we arrive in Melbourne on the 15th and fly out on the 12th, good luck you and have a great christmas.

Caz
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi Stewie

we arrive in Melbourne on the 15th and fly out on the 12th, good luck you and have a great christmas.

Caz

Thanks Caz.
If you see a drophead Chevrolet in SE Melbourne on 22nd Dec that'll be my daughter an I on the way to her wedding

Have a good time in Melbourne

Best wishes
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:51 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stewie

Good luck to everyone

Have a great Christmas.

Hope you have a good trip.

Don't know if this would apply to your situation, just was reminded of it when I read your post
problems evidencing visa in NZ
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:53 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

good luck stewie!!!
lucky you getting away from this miserable weather in syorks!!!!
hope your daughter has a lovley wedding - take extra tissues with you!!!!

love and best wishes
sue
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hope you have a good trip.

Don't know if this would apply to your situation, just was reminded of it when I read your post
problems evidencing visa in NZ
Hi
Thanks for the link. Fortunately that problem (hopefully) won't arise. We have ETAs for Aus giving us three months there. Hopefully the evidencing of the visa should be sometime in Jan so we will have return tickets to NZ from Aus.

I keep everyone posted on progress on this because I know quite a few people with offshore applications want to evidence in NZ.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
good luck stewie!!!
lucky you getting away from this miserable weather in syorks!!!!
hope your daughter has a lovley wedding - take extra tissues with you!!!!

love and best wishes
sue
Thanks Sue

Have yourself a very merry Christmas.....tissues at the ready (not that i'm emotional of course)