Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas lights and carols (Perth)

Christmas lights and carols (Perth)

Old Dec 16th 2011, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas lights and carols (Perth)

I was thinking of taking husband and Mini (4) into The Big City on Sunday to see the lights and go the carol thing in the Supreme Court Gardens. Anybody been? Is it uncomfortably crowded/heaving? Would I be insane to take the car and try to park nearby (anticipating Mini might be too tired to walk back to station)?

Also, while googling I came across a list of private addresses that have lots of lights. What's the deal, here? People let you go and look at their lights and have a nose around and make a donation to charity? (I always just thought there were lots of people around with a tendency to the tacky.)
Old Dec 16th 2011, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas lights and carols (Perth)

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I was thinking of taking husband and Mini (4) into The Big City on Sunday to see the lights and go the carol thing in the Supreme Court Gardens. Anybody been? Is it uncomfortably crowded/heaving? Would I be insane to take the car and try to park nearby (anticipating Mini might be too tired to walk back to station)?

Also, while googling I came across a list of private addresses that have lots of lights. What's the deal, here? People let you go and look at their lights and have a nose around and make a donation to charity? (I always just thought there were lots of people around with a tendency to the tacky.)
Worth a drive down to shockingham to look at the lights if you want tacky... We do it GOOD...

Theres a street called Cumberland ave... And EVERY house in the street gets lighted up.... Everyone gets out in their front gardens and people come for miles around to walk round...on christmas eve all the residents go out the front to barbie with mates and have a beer..some sell hotdogs and canned drinks for charity....it REALLY gets you into the christmas spirit... Its one of our new australian christmas traditions...