Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas on the Gold Coast

Christmas on the Gold Coast

Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:47 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas on the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by dobbin74
Anyone on the beach this new year eve,to watch the fireworks?
Originally Posted by Carbery
This is our 3rd Aussie Christmas, UK style hysteria just a distant memory. We went to Broadbeach at 5:30pm yesterday to 'blow away the cobwebs' and the parklands were still full of people. The beach was also busy - a good way to finish a great day. After I close my shop today at 1:00pm we are off to Currumbin beach (hope I spelt it right!).
Currumbin/Elephant Rock is one of my favourite beaches C x
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Went to Surfers on NYE our first year here and really loved the fireworks and atmosphere.Last year went to Broadbeach and for us it didn't feel as good as Surfers so we are going back to Surfers this year.

There are fireworks every hour from 8-12 at Surfers but best to get there as early as possible or you won't find a parking spot anywhere
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:10 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
Went to Surfers on NYE our first year here and really loved the fireworks and atmosphere.Last year went to Broadbeach and for us it didn't feel as good as Surfers so we are going back to Surfers this year.

There are fireworks every hour from 8-12 at Surfers but best to get there as early as possible or you won't find a parking spot anywhere

There is definitely a different vibe between the Surfers/ NYE celebrations. I think that the Surfers is a bit more 'full on' whilst is more family orientated. We are going to with some friends, chairs and an couple of eskys with food & wine. There is an old style fun fair, out door cinema, a stage with some dubious performers and lots of food stalls. We feel it is safe for our kids (teenagers) to wander off to the fairground etc as it is well patrolled and has a safe feeling. Any one interested in joining in?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:05 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

They were saying on news tonight that firework celebrations may have to be cancelled due to the weather C x