Reload this Page >

Christmas Day in Noosa

Christmas Day in Noosa

Old May 9th 2005, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Christmas Day in Noosa

Hi,

Looks like I've almost finalised our validation trip for December, very excited. We're planning on doing 9 days in Noosa and 8 in Port Douglas. We're treating this solely as a vacation so I've read all the stuff about Noosa being expensive, cosmopolitian, etc.

My biggest concern is what to do in Noosa on Christmas Day, although we'd like to embrace everything Australian I'm a bit worried the kids might miss the usual traditions and family so if anyone can make any suggestions, maybe where to get the "traditional Xmas dinner" :scared: or alternatives that would be great.

Also any ideas of what New Years Eve would be like in Port Douglas would also help!!

Thanks
A very excited CK
Old May 9th 2005, 11:27 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Christmas Day in Noosa

Sounds great, Noosas lovely any day of the year!

I dont know if you'll get traditional xmas dinner there, i'm sure theres somewhere, wonder if that'll work though, xmas is so different here trying to do traditional stuff may just highlight the differences and make it harder.....why not embrace the ausie xmas and eat wonderful seafood and salads and celebrate your new life?
Old May 9th 2005, 11:31 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CK2B
Hi,

Looks like I've almost finalised our validation trip for December, very excited. We're planning on doing 9 days in Noosa and 8 in Port Douglas. We're treating this solely as a vacation so I've read all the stuff about Noosa being expensive, cosmopolitian, etc.

My biggest concern is what to do in Noosa on Christmas Day, although we'd like to embrace everything Australian I'm a bit worried the kids might miss the usual traditions and family so if anyone can make any suggestions, maybe where to get the "traditional Xmas dinner" :scared: or alternatives that would be great.

Also any ideas of what New Years Eve would be like in Port Douglas would also help!!

Thanks
A very excited CK
Maybe you could start a knew tradition, Christmas at the beach. I've been doing it it for 20 or so years now. Change the turkey for a BBQ, go down the beach for a swim, I have seen life guards working on Christmas day. I think your kids will come around to enjoying a different way of celebrating Christmas.
Jim
Old May 9th 2005, 11:50 am
ABCDiamond

maybe where to get the "traditional Xmas dinner" :scared: or alternatives that would be great.
Here's an idea. It's the 2004 Xmas menu, but it shows it's do-able, if you book early.
Riva Restaurant Noosa http://www.riva-noosa.com/index.php?id=87

Old May 9th 2005, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

I know what you're saying and its probably me thats the problem , hubby is very keen to do Christmas Day on the beach. It must be the mum in me worrying about where we'll get the food, BBQ gear etc! Going to have to stop creating problems for myself and just go with the flow
Old May 9th 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Here's an idea. It's the 2004 Xmas menu, but it shows it's do-able, if you book early.
Riva Restaurant Noosa http://www.riva-noosa.com/index.php?id=87
Just read the menu it sounds lovely.
I bet its a great restuarant.
Old May 9th 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thanks
A very excited CK

Go down to the river on Gympie Terrace, have your BBQ by the waters edge, using the free Barbies that are already there!!!!! Go early!!!

Then finish off by going to down to Noosa Heads Beach and watch the sun go down with a glass of bubbly or two!!!! Watching the kids body surfing on a safe beach.................mmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Works for us and the Kids.

The Bread Knife
Old May 9th 2005, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds fantastic, maybe we'll see you there
Old May 9th 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough