Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas Day - Cold wet and miserable...

Wikiposts

Christmas Day - Cold wet and miserable...

Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:13 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Christmas Day - Cold wet and miserable...

..and that was in aus!

What more could i ask for cool riding conditions and no bugger else on the road!! 450kms in just under 6 hours and just because i wanted to see the sea!! Well it certainly beat sitting round watching tele all day which i would have been doing in the UK.

I found this great little place, which i'm sure is one of many great little places that look exactly the same but this little place was the one i found. it's about 20Kms north of narooma.

it sat right on the sea and you could litterally park the bike/car and step on to the beach. Which i might add was empty apart from a guy walking his dog and a couple just walking, as they do. Oh yeah and me eating my chicken sarnies!

the ride over there was a bit damp. going over the mountains to batemans bay was a tad tricky. thick fog and drizzle didn't help the VERY twisty roads feel any safer. I came back the same way, but the fog had lifted by then, so it was a different road altogether. it's great using both the over taking lanes and the normal lane to make the corners straighter. vroom vroom.

anyway, that was my christmas over and done with for another year. i'll be back in the UK for next christmas (not to stay though) so i'm sure it will be the tele christmas as usual.

I hope you all had a good day and aren't suffering too much for it.

Cheers!

Leigh (sorry the pictures are a bit boring)

Additional... where are the big waves? i was quite disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails Christmas Day - Cold wet and miserable...-beach1.jpg   Christmas Day - Cold wet and miserable...-beach2.jpg  

Last edited by scutterUK; Dec 25th 2004 at 10:17 am.
Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:32 am
Badge

Default Re: Christmas Day - Cold wet and miserable...

Originally Posted by scutterUK

I came back the same way, but the fog had lifted by then, so it was a different road altogether.
Everyone : "SO IT WAS A DIFFERENT ROAD"

Happy Christmas mate.
Should have come to Melbourne - a mere 22 degrees forecast, fine and sunny.

BM

Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:39 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

i was waiting for that.

Hope you had a good un! How's the Ute?
Old Dec 25th 2004, 11:06 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

For a very different road try the Moruya - Araluen road. Narrow winding dirt mountain road - definitely not vroom-vroom - but good for a longish slow plod. Late in the day stop for a dip in the Deua River.
Old Dec 25th 2004, 5:46 pm
life begins again...

Originally Posted by Quinkana
For a very different road try the Moruya - Araluen road. Narrow winding dirt mountain road - definitely not vroom-vroom - but good for a longish slow plod. Late in the day stop for a dip in the Deua River.
it's funny i nearly came back along there. i didn't know if it would by pass the fog, as it happens i missed the junction anyway so i had to go the way i came. i'll certainly give it a go next time. is it a sealed road or gravel?
Old Dec 25th 2004, 6:12 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

..and that was in aus!

What more could i ask for cool riding conditions and no bugger else on the road!! 450kms in just under 6 hours and just because i wanted to see the sea!! Well it certainly beat sitting round watching tele all day which i would have been doing in the UK.

I found this great little place, which i'm sure is one of many great little places that look exactly the same but this little place was the one i found. it's about 20Kms north of narooma.

it sat right on the sea and you could litterally park the bike/car and step on to the beach. Which i might add was empty apart from a guy walking his dog and a couple just walking, as they do. Oh yeah and me eating my chicken sarnies!

the ride over there was a bit damp. going over the mountains to batemans bay was a tad tricky. thick fog and drizzle didn't help the VERY twisty roads feel any safer. I came back the same way, but the fog had lifted by then, so it was a different road altogether. it's great using both the over taking lanes and the normal lane to make the corners straighter. vroom vroom.

anyway, that was my christmas over and done with for another year. i'll be back in the UK for next christmas (not to stay though) so i'm sure it will be the tele christmas as usual.

I hope you all had a good day and aren't suffering too much for it.

Cheers!

Leigh (sorry the pictures are a bit boring)

Additional... where are the big waves? i was quite disappointed.

eyup matey,
glad to hear you had a good ride on your beast!!
christmas day here was icy, snowing........and there wasnt anything good on tv either!! (except the vicar of dibley, and i fell asleep half way through that!)

sue xx
Old Dec 25th 2004, 6:57 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

it's funny i nearly came back along there. i didn't know if it would by pass the fog, as it happens i missed the junction anyway so i had to go the way i came. i'll certainly give it a go next time. is it a sealed road or gravel?
Dirt. Compelled to advise absolutely no vroom-vroom else slide-glide.