Christmas

Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:31 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas

[Heard that if you go to Asda on Christmas Eve it is quite because everyone expects it to be very busy.
Dont think i will try that. [/QUOTE]

I go to Asda to do my shoppng on the morning of Christmas Eve (usually around 7am) and it's practically empty. Fab!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:51 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi, just thought id let you know that we live in Kilsyth near Cumbernauld about 15mins away from your town center.
I usually shop in Falkirk or Stirling (hate shopping in Glasgow)
Thank god for motorways.
Thought I'd interrupt here - are you saying to LIKE shopping in Falkirk - are you crazy?? I'd go to Glasgow anyday. We used to live near you (Stepps) and are now near Falkirk and & I still miss Buchanan Street. We're going to Glasgow on Sunday for the Christmas Lights/Fireworks with the kids (If it's not too baltic).
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:54 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Usually have everything done by now, but this emigration lark has overtaken everything this year . As this is our last Xmas in UK I'm trying to find small presents for my girls that will easily fit into cases when we travel - nightmare . Going shopping today for inspiration.
TJ
Have you thought about Ready Beds. Our 2 have them with Winnie The Pooh. I know yours are a little older but they have Bratz, Barbie etc too. think these would make great pressies and will be handy on the other side until their own beds arrive.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:56 pm
Sunny Sydney

I was brought up in Cumbernauld (don't know if I should admit to that ) now living in Larbert, mum and dad still live there though. I'm never in Glasgow or Edinburgh either (not fond of big cities)
I got lost in Cumbernauld once - pretty scary. However, they have a fab Asda there and the Tesco is a great meeting place for me and friends from Glasgow as it's in between.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:00 pm
Sunny Sydney

We've just got a few adults left to buy for. The kids were easy this year. All the kids I buy for are between 4 and 6 months so I could just pick up 2 of this and 3 of that as they all like the same stuff.

Struggling over what to get the outlaws this year!! Got my Dad the Kevin Bloody Wilson DVD so I'm looking forward to putting the kids to bed on Boxing Night and putting it on for a good old belly laugh.

Bought my cards today as we've a few need to go to Oz and Ive promised myself I won't be late AGAIN!

Looking forward to a few Saturday nights in (can't go out anyway - no sitters) with a large bottle of vino and wrapping the kids pressies. Our oldest is 4 soon and this is the first year she REALLY gets it, it's going to be fab, I can't wait to see her face.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Boots 3 for 2 - bl**dy god send
a
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:10 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't done any shopping yet but hubby and I have booked a surprise trip for 21st Dec to Lapland for our eldest. He is nine and although he has serious doubts about the whole Santa thing he will just love the skiddo rides, sleigh rides, huskies, igloos, ice fishing etc. I am so excited for him, we are planning to keep where we are going a secret until we check in at the airport. Would love to take the little one with us but he is only two and a half and with possible temperatures often plumeting to -20 around the Arctic circle it probably wouldn't be wise to take him.

ACE
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by herrchook
I got lost in Cumbernauld once - pretty scary. However, they have a fab Asda there and the Tesco is a great meeting place for me and friends from Glasgow as it's in between.
Hope you locked your car doors . I hate shopping, no matter where I go. That's why I've just done most of it on the net . No queues, crowds, parking - excellent!

Great idea about the beds, they'd like those!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ACE
Haven't done any shopping yet but hubby and I have booked a surprise trip for 21st Dec to Lapland for our eldest. He is nine and although he has serious doubts about the whole Santa thing he will just love the skiddo rides, sleigh rides, huskies, igloos, ice fishing etc. I am so excited for him, we are planning to keep where we are going a secret until we check in at the airport. Would love to take the little one with us but he is only two and a half and with possible temperatures often plumeting to -20 around the Arctic circle it probably wouldn't be wise to take him.

ACE
WOW!! That sounds fantastic! Hope you have a brilliant time
TJ
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:44 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!! That sounds fantastic! Hope you have a brilliant time
TJ
Thanks TJ, this is only our second Christmas here out of the past five (we usually go to Oz) this will probably be our last in the Europe so we wanted to make it a really memorable one.

ACE
Old Nov 14th 2005, 6:39 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I went shopping the weekend before last and have my presents sorted that are going to family/friends in Australia, and a friend in America. Also got my cards written out.

Just need to buy for fiance, 2 best friends here and a secret santa and I am sorted...Oooh and do my Europe/England cards.

I work in a West London dept store - so there is no way I am leaving it till Dec to buy! It is bad enough working in those crowds without then shopping in them!

I do my grocery shopping online at tesco's so I just pick up the odds n sods from M&S etc and I am DONE!!

This year I am organised!!

Susan
Old Nov 14th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by herrchook
Thought I'd interrupt here - are you saying to LIKE shopping in Falkirk - are you crazy?? I'd go to Glasgow anyday. We used to live near you (Stepps) and are now near Falkirk and & I still miss Buchanan Street. We're going to Glasgow on Sunday for the Christmas Lights/Fireworks with the kids (If it's not too baltic).
Hi, I only go to Falkirk for the odd thing but i do like it.(its improving)
I dont like walking about the streets in the wind and rain when i have too many bags.
You can just run down to the car then start all over again when you go to Stirling.(I'm just lazy)