Christies beach

Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice
Default Christies beach

Hi can anyone tell me what Christies beach is like to live in? is it an ok area? does it have good schools? any info will be gratefully received thanks
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

doje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Christies beach

Hi, Is this the Christies Beach in S A, or is there another one?

donna
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi sorry i should of said!!!!!! it's South Australia!
thanks
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

doje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunworshipper
Hi sorry i should of said!!!!!! it's South Australia!
thanks
I live about 8ks from Christies. Christies Beach has a bit of a bad reputation, but is trying hard to improve. New houses going up. And, although I wouldnt want to offend anyone, I wouldnt live there. Its a shame really, but its just one of those areas.

Sorry.

Would you like any info on any other area or something more specific about Christies?

donna

Last edited by doje6863; Aug 8th 2009 at 8:30 am. Reason: rubbish grammer
Old Aug 8th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

EDandD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doje6863
I live about 8ks from Christies. Christies Beach has a bit of a bad reputation, but is trying hard to improve. New houses going up. And, although I wouldnt want to offend anyone, I wouldnt live there. Its a shame really, but its just one of those areas.
We'd heard the same thing - apparently it's the same as Elizabeth, which is North of Adelaide.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry.

Would you like any info on any other area or something more specific about Christies?

donna
Originally Posted by EDandD
We'd heard the same thing - apparently it's the same as Elizabeth, which is North of Adelaide.

Thats incredible snobbery that gives us all a bad name. The irony being that Elizabeth was built for British migrants and the southern suburbs of Adelaide (Christies Beach) is filled to brim with 'Poms'.

Christies Beach is a little out of the way from the city and whilst cheap now, will soon be yet another McMansion suburb for all the jogging nobs and the plastic latte brigade and all the undesirables will be pushed further afield out of sight.

Last edited by Officer Dibble; Aug 8th 2009 at 10:31 am. Reason: I think Im mid-cycle!
Old Aug 8th 2009, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

I would live in Christies beach its lovely there, good shopping centre & beaches, dont what the problem is, its a nice place to bring up a family, you get good & bad spots everywhere in the world,its about what you want as a family I suppose!

Bluekipper
Old Aug 8th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

EDandD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Thats incredible snobbery that gives us all a bad name. The irony being that Elizabeth was built for British migrants and the southern suburbs of Adelaide (Christies Beach) is filled to brim with 'Poms'.

Christies Beach is a little out of the way from the city and whilst cheap now, will soon be yet another McMansion suburb for all the jogging nobs and the plastic latte brigade and all the undesirables will be pushed further afield out of sight.
Not my opinion, sorry.

I've never lived there

We were told by two different people that the schools were rubbish, so we steered clear for that reason.

Old Aug 8th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the replys, they are gratefully received. I am researching areas at the moment that would be nice to live and bring up a family. My children are two boys aged 15 and 13 and a daughter who is 3. I thought Christies beach looked nice and it seemed affordable. Any ideas on other areas to look at would also be gratefully received thanks
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Call me a snob if you want, I really dont care. I came to Australia to give my children a better quality of life. In my opinion, Christies does not encapsulate that.

donna
Old Aug 9th 2009, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=doje6863;7825557]Call me a snob if you want, I really dont care. I came to Australia to give my children a better quality of life. In my opinion, Christies does not encapsulate that. donna [QUOTE]

I wouldnt call you a snob, you'd probably enjoy it but do you really think that peoples 'quality of life' goes that far down here just 8 kms away from you?

Originally Posted by sunworshipper
Thanks everyone for the replys, they are gratefully received. I am researching areas at the moment that would be nice to live and bring up a family. My children are two boys aged 15 and 13 and a daughter who is 3. I thought Christies beach looked nice and it seemed affordable. Any ideas on other areas to look at would also be gratefully received thanks
Christies Beach is a relatively small suburb right on the beach. It has 2 primary schools, a caravan park, shopping centres, lawn bowls club. It may have once been a council area (which has many Brits quaking in their boots) but a lot of them are being sold off now and it rarely makes a difference to your everyday life anyway. Their are a few high schools in the immediate area and a Cardijn college nearby for private kiddies. You dont have to live there forever and its really not that bad.

You only have to watch those birds on Listeria Avenue to know there are nutters in all areas. Have fun with that!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Really cant be bothered. The OP asked for peoples opinions on an area and I did just that. I gave my opinion. And before I unsuscribe from this thread, I was bought up on a council estate in a working class family and am very proud of that. I have just chosen to try and give my children advantages that I didnt by living in my own home and educate them in private schools.

donna
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Really cant be bothered. The OP asked for peoples opinions on an area and I did just that. I gave my opinion. And before I unsuscribe from this thread, I was bought up on a council estate in a working class family and am very proud of that. I have just chosen to try and give my children advantages that I didnt by living in my own home and educate them in private schools.

donna
People from council estates are usually the worst snobs.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

You dont have to put children in the schools in Christie beach area, if you dont want to, I cant see what the prob is with this area personally, everyone to their own tho! were all different and want different things in life I suppose.

Bluekipper
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

People from council estates are usually the worst snobs.
And do tell us where you live? Christies Beach? Elizabeth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.