Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To Chris Wallington/Global Visas

To Chris Wallington/Global Visas

Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default To Chris Wallington/Global Visas

I was following your postings on another thread with great interest but wasn't able to reply to it as you have had it closed.

When you said:

"The registration in question was first registered in October of 2003. We have another agent registered with us also first registered in 2003. One of our other staff has recently left the company to return home to Brisbane and was first registered in 2001",

had these agents mentioned above already been working for Global Visas on 15 Oct 2003 when Alan Collett posted the supposedly "defamatory" comment:

"So far as I know (and I'm happy to be corrected on this) the firm you have mentioned employs no individuals registered with the MARA"?

If not, I think it's a bit unfair to threaten somebody with libel.

The only possibility where both you and Alan are correct in your argument, is that perhaps your agents were associated with different business names (i.e. not Global Visas) when they were registered with MARA at the time Alan did a search on MARA's site.

Still there is no need for a libel threat! Clarification alone is enough.

Cheers,
JTL

Disclaimer:
I don't work for a migration agent, nor am I related to any. In fact we got our visas without help from any agents.

Last edited by JackTheLad; Jul 25th 2004 at 11:01 am.
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

kakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant future

Lost me !! wots this all about ?:scared:
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

See thread below

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=184873

JTL
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:59 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by JackTheLad
See thread below

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=184873

JTL

:scared:

I rememeber that post, must have stopped following it though. Quite interesting points really.
Old Jul 25th 2004, 1:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Chris Wallington/Global Visas

Just to clarify, Chris did not ask for the thread to be closed. I closed it on my own initiative because it seemed to be the right point to end the debate.

You're more than welcome to continue on a new thread though

Jeremy

Originally posted by JackTheLad
I was following your postings on another thread with great interest but wasn't able to reply to it as you have had it closed.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

ChrisWallington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To Chris Wallington/Global Visas

JTL,

I think maybe that comment was taken out of context, I wish Go Matilda all the best in their endeavours, Alan seems to have been very helpful and informative to many on this site; at the end of the day, that's what migration agents are in business for to make the process easier.

You are correct libel is serious term, and i do not use it lightly. We have had and have always worked with a policy of employing the most qualified and experienced individuals, and at that time we had two registered migration agents on the team. I have an obligation to protect the reputation of our business and our clients interests, and where I see comments made that suggest we have not, do not, or have only recently started to employ highly qualified individuals is something that I would have to clarify as and when it occurs.

By no means did I mean any disrespect to Alan or gomatilda.

I hope that clears thing up.