Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chrimbo highs and lows?

Chrimbo highs and lows?

Old Dec 29th 2003, 1:38 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Chrimbo highs and lows?

I was just trying to cheer Pollyana up on another thread and it got me to thinking about the best and worst moments of Xmas 2003 ( been watching too many dodgy television shows obviously! )

My best: Discovering the dog had done a HUGE and smelly poo on M-I-L from hell's brand new bedroom carpet, just after a 'moment' in which I asked MIL to stop feeding her sausage rolls constantly and was accused of being cruel and unfit to look after a dog.

My worst: Having to drink the cheapest crappy wine you can get at Xmas dinner because hubby forgot to put the box with the decent wine in it in the car. According to FIL it was only £5 for 20 gallons or something from Kwiksave.

What are everyone else's best and worsts of Christmas 2003?
Old Dec 29th 2003, 2:13 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Best and Worst moment - My tan, it is all front of legs, I really am two tone front dark back white! The front comes from watching the kids at beach - glorious, the back comes from always watching kids at beach!

enjoying it?

not a med tan but who cares?

Cheers
Old Dec 29th 2003, 3:01 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

taking the kids to disneyland paris for xmas day.....

getting the wife's purse and camera stolen on boxing day at Disneyland..
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, Pollster, thanks for the cheery thoughts - and the rest of you, the forum has kept me going!

Two High Spots of Christmas- being able to give the Bloke his pressies in person this year, and getting a job a few days before Christmas.

Funniest spot - look on MILs face as we used my talking Bart Simpson bottle opener!

Low Spot - Being told that Anglo Pacific "forgot" to put 3 of my boxes in the container in London.
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chrimbo highs and lows?

Hi Pollster
nice post, loved your best moment pmsl

my best part: hopefully spending our last christmas in the Uk

my worst part: having my 19 year old daughter being rushed by ambulance to hospital the day after boxing day and my 7 month old nephew being in the next bay in A & E!

roll on xmas in Brisbane

regards
rach
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

There were several high spots for me, daughter running in to us shouting 'hes been' is tough to beat, also my Mum had a family party on boxing day and every single member of the family came, it was v.chaotic but enjoyable all the same.

Low point was probably the fact that my Nan ignored me, hubby and daughter at abovementioned family party, I was hoping we'd be forgiven for going but it appears not!

Michaela

P.S. Nosuchluck, I hope your daughter and nephew are OK.
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chrimbo highs and lows?

Best: My last christmas in Venezuela!!!

Worst: My last christmas in Venezuela!!!

Originally posted by Pollster
What are everyone else's best and worsts of Christmas 2003?
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by mcmercer
There were several high spots for me, daughter running in to us shouting 'hes been' is tough to beat, also my Mum had a family party on boxing day and every single member of the family came, it was v.chaotic but enjoyable all the same.

Low point was probably the fact that my Nan ignored me, hubby and daughter at abovementioned family party, I was hoping we'd be forgiven for going but it appears not!

Michaela

P.S. Nosuchluck, I hope your daughter and nephew are OK.

Hi Mcmercer
sorry to read your low's, shame that your nan ignored you, hopefully she will understand why you are going and is just so sad that she feels she has to react this way.
thanks for your p.s. my daughter miscarried had a D & C today and my nephew was having convulsions due to a nasty chest infection, both are on the road to recovery,
best wishes for a happy new year,
rach x
Old Dec 29th 2003, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Rach,
I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she's OK and that you all have happier times to come.

Michaela
Old Dec 29th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rach,
I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she's OK and that you all have happier times to come.

Michaela
Thanks Michaela
when are you off? where are you hoping to go? hate living in limbo, not knowing what the future holds
take care
rach x
Old Dec 29th 2003, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Rach,
We're off to Brisbane on 21st Feb. Hope your visa comes soon, sounds like you're due a bit of luck, hope you have a happy new year,

Michaela
Old Dec 29th 2003, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rach,
We're off to Brisbane on 21st Feb. Hope your visa comes soon, sounds like you're due a bit of luck, hope you have a happy new year,

Michaela
Wow you lucky things, we may see you over there later in the year! hoping to go to Brisbane sometime before next christmas!
rach xx
Old Dec 29th 2003, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Wow you lucky things, we may see you over there later in the year! hoping to go to Brisbane sometime before next christmas!
rach xx

Hope so Rach, I'll keep looking for that 'got it' post. Fingers crossed for you,
Michaela
Old Dec 29th 2003, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

Our first xmas in Oz was pretty disappointing, it really felt like just another day. We took our xmas tree down Boxing day morning! Our highlight was going to Rottnest Island - courtesy of the hubbys boss, free food and alcohol all day on his boat!! The place was stunning.

Got home and my mum phoned from England to say my grandma has died in her sleep - so thats my low. Feel a bit lost really now.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:33 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gibson
Our first xmas in Oz was pretty disappointing, it really felt like just another day. We took our xmas tree down Boxing day morning! Our highlight was going to Rottnest Island - courtesy of the hubbys boss, free food and alcohol all day on his boat!! The place was stunning.

Got home and my mum phoned from England to say my grandma has died in her sleep - so thats my low. Feel a bit lost really now.
How very sad. I do worry about my gran too she is in her 90's and getting more frail each day. She hates that she is not able to see me. I know before I came to Oz that I knew that someone I love could die and you intellectualise the process, but in reality it must be very difficult.

I do feel for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.