Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

choosing an agent

choosing an agent

Old Apr 5th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default choosing an agent

OK so we went to Emigrate 2004, and have now had 4 of the agents follow us up . because our case isn't straighforward I am looking for an agent who has business/senior exec. visa experience and can deal with us!
I have just done a search for " migration agents" on this forum , there only seem to be a couple that are mentioned favouably.

So if you can recommend the agent you have used please post their name. I would like to get this sorted out over Easter. THx
Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:24 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: choosing an agent

Originally posted by helinuk
OK so we went to Emigrate 2004, and have now had 4 of the agents follow us up . because our case isn't straighforward I am looking for an agent who has business/senior exec. visa experience and can deal with us!
I have just done a search for " migration agents" on this forum , there only seem to be a couple that are mentioned favouably.

So if you can recommend the agent you have used please post their name. I would like to get this sorted out over Easter. THx

Have sent you a pm
Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by biggy
Have sent you a pm
thx H.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

our case wasn't very straight forward. in the beginning i was told by some of the better known agencies that we as a family could not get in australia. it turns out that these agents can afford to pick and chose there clients and seem to go for the easy cases. Most only asked three questions before delivering the news that we couldn't get in. for some reason and i dont know why I decided to try the visa unit after seeing a small add they had placed in the Australian News, this was right after ringing the other agents who were advertising in there and to be honest I was expecting the same response. not so, I was asked all manner of questions and then told that yes there was a way into australia for us. We now have our visas. Im sure the bigger agents are good at what they do but if you want an agent who is prepared to work to get you in the give them a try. I can thoroughly recommend the visa unit.

www.visa-unit.com

ask for john mclennan or john mumford, if theres a way in for you they will find it.

good luck Andy Thomas
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Alan Collett from Go Matilda, top bloke, full of helpful info and so far not to expensive.

We were a fairly complicated case, our TRA was a potential mine field and we would never have sorted it out without help from him and Glen.

Jo
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hi

Alan Collett is very good & often gives really useful advice on here - we used Ian Harrop & associates in Burford,Oxon. He was excellent & reasonable too - can't say enough about them - very good & a small firm with the personal service.

cheers

pockygoes
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Hi,

There are a number of registered agents on this site that have great reputations.

We are using George Lombard http://www.austimmigration.com.au (no complaints at all so far) and Alan Collett http://www.gomatilda.com.au

You won't find many people say a bad word about these two. The charges are very reasonable and both guys are very professional and honest.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Joskin is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by helinuk

Why do you want to leave woking? We live in woodham and would miss the way the sun bounces of the Basingstoke Canal in summer time. Also, how could you live without a visit to TK Max in the Peacock Centre. Only kidding!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Helin
You could send ours an email. They were very good.
http://www.australianimmigrationlaws...au/default.asp
Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by andy thomas
our case wasn't very straight forward. in the beginning i was told by some of the better known agencies that we as a family could not get in australia. it turns out that these agents can afford to pick and chose there clients and seem to go for the easy cases. Most only asked three questions before delivering the news that we couldn't get in. for some reason and i dont know why I decided to try the visa unit after seeing a small add they had placed in the Australian News, this was right after ringing the other agents who were advertising in there and to be honest I was expecting the same response. not so, I was asked all manner of questions and then told that yes there was a way into australia for us. We now have our visas. Im sure the bigger agents are good at what they do but if you want an agent who is prepared to work to get you in the give them a try. I can thoroughly recommend the visa unit.

www.visa-unit.com

ask for john mclennan or john mumford, if theres a way in for you they will find it.

good luck Andy Thomas
many thanks- This was a name I hoped I would see. He has been very helpful on the phone so its good to have a positve comment.
H
Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

many thanks- This was a name I hoped I would see. He has been very helpful on the phone so its good to have a positve comment.
H
i take it you were hoping to see johns name and not mine lol
Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Billabong
Hi,

There are a number of registered agents on this site that have great reputations.

We are using George Lombard http://www.austimmigration.com.au (no complaints at all so far) and Alan Collett http://www.gomatilda.com.au

You won't find many people say a bad word about these two. The charges are very reasonable and both guys are very professional and honest.

Hope this helps.
thank you- yes I've had emails from both George and Alan C. so again good to hear George is looking after you well,
Thank you to everyone who have sent a pm and posted. This should help us come to a decision
H.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by andy thomas
i take it you were hoping to see johns name and not mine lol
yep Johns name not yours although I'm sure you're a great guy to know