Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chocolate- so which is the best??

Chocolate- so which is the best??

Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:51 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chocolate- so which is the best??

Having tried both, I know the answer. However, which do you think is the best chocolate? Australia or uk choc. Have you been surfing the net in desperation, to find uk made choc.. Sorry I realise this is not a life changing post, but to some of it, it is a ' life affecting issue'..
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chocolate- so which is the best??

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Having tried both, I know the answer. However, which do you think is the best chocolate? Australia or uk choc. Have you been surfing the net in desperation, to find uk made choc.. Sorry I realise this is not a life changing post, but to some of it, it is a ' life affecting issue'..

Belgian or swiss chocolate is the best.

I'm thinking of opening a chocolate shop in the mountains if no-one's got there before me... with a great coffee shop bit where I will serve fabulous hot chocolate covered in mountains of cream ...

I'm in heaven.. I'm in heaven...
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:59 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Swiss
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

None, it's all minging globby muck - where's the vomit smilie
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:29 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

UK and NZ chocolate is definitely superior in the standard range (ie cadburys)

Some aussie chocolate thats handmade is rather good though ie, Darryl Lea or those little botique ones that you can buy in touristy spots.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kiwichild
UK and NZ chocolate is definitely superior in the standard range (ie cadburys)

Some aussie chocolate thats handmade is rather good though ie, Darryl Lea or those little botique ones that you can buy in touristy spots.
Well the other day I had some Cadburys Dairy Milk bought in the UK which said on the back "Made in France"! So now I am totally confused!!!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:36 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzSheila
Well the other day I had some Cadburys Dairy Milk bought in the UK which said on the back "Made in France"! So now I am totally confused!!!!!!
LOL! Was it the choc or the wrapper or both that were made in France?

I'd imagine French chocolate would taste quite good given their love of food.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iPom
Belgian or swiss chocolate is the best.

I'm thinking of opening a chocolate shop in the mountains if no-one's got there before me... with a great coffee shop bit where I will serve fabulous hot chocolate covered in mountains of cream ...

I'm in heaven.. I'm in heaven...
YUM Sounds divine
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:38 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

without a shadow its the uk choccie! am gutted that its 'orrible stuff here-theres only one bar that I like to buy here and thats a mint aero-but I s'pose thats cos its not REALLY a choc bar is it? HOWEVER its also not such a bad thing as i'm not eating so much of it now.......
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by squeezzii
without a shadow its the uk choccie! am gutted that its 'orrible stuff here-theres only one bar that I like to buy here and thats a mint aero-but I s'pose thats cos its not REALLY a choc bar is it? HOWEVER its also not such a bad thing as i'm not eating so much of it now.......
Bounty bars and cherry ripes are nice. But forget mars bars, go to the kiwishop in Joondalup and buy a few moro bars and cans of L&P (lemon and paeroa) mmmmm delish
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:53 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Bounty bars and cherry ripes are nice. But forget mars bars, go to the kiwishop in Joondalup and buy a few moro bars and cans of L&P (lemon and paeroa) mmmmm delish
Paeroa? new one on me kiwi.....
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Paeroa? new one on me kiwi.....
Paeroa is a small town in nth island of nz. Lemon and Paeroa (L&P) was originally (and think it still might be) made there using natural spring water from the town.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:54 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Have you been surfing the net in desperation, to find uk made choc.. ..
No , because you can buy some British made choc in the supermarkets, coles Woolworth's etc etc - The big singly sold aero bars for one , (peppermint and the plain )are made in the UK.

If I have a craving for Brit choc which is not that often ( I can take it or leave it - I leave the Aus choc completely as I can't stand the taste of it ) I make a trip to Aldi and buy German - it tastes the same as Brit chocolate. Their "mars" bars ( which are called Titan) taste the same as our Brit mars bars, and their Jaffa cakes in my opinion are much nicer than ours... whey hey for the Germans lol ( sorry Granddad stop that turning in your grave)
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.treatsfromhome.com.au

They supply genuine UK stuff - I prefer the Aussie sttuff in general, just the occasional craving like Frys Peppermint Cream that I NEED to order
Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:38 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Bournville dark chocolate. Ozzie dark chocolate just doesn't taste the same!

Not just the small bars of bournville they have at Treats From Home for $2.50 neither - I'm talking the great big blocks that you have to hold in 2 hands!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.