Chinese Cuisine

Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all
Default Chinese Cuisine

Help urgently need some GOOD chinese food - am having withdrawal symptoms - and tired of eating out at S*** restaurants cause we do not really know many. If you know of a good chinese restaurant close to the city please send details asap!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chinese Cuisine

Unfortunately, we aren't any where near you (Cairns) but thought I'd reply anyway.

We've been here 8 months now (it's only me who eats 'Chinese' food anyway) and I said to Ste: " I'm surprised, being so close to Asia, that the Chinese takeaway food is so crap...etc etc...."

Ste replied to me: " That's because you are used to the anglocised version of 'Chinese food' (( Ste has travelled extensively through China, amongst other places )), the english version is full of MSG etc etc...." he says...

Doesn't help me much when I'm used to a good helping of English/Chinese crap though!!!

Anyhow, I just 'avoid' the takeaway outlets now and make my own....actually much nicer and far healthier...

(( BTW, this is NOT a criticism of OZ, purely of my tastebuds and their 29 years in the UK...))
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:12 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chinese Cuisine

Those of you worried about non-UK Chinese food in Australia...

We've eaten 'non-anglicised' Chinese for the last 5 years. When we returned to the UK last year we found the Chinese food very bland and processed.

My daughter's watching me type this and wants me to 'put a coke on' so here we go....